“terrible service!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kelling
Norwich, United Kingdom
“terrible service!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Recently went to the pheasant for a meal thought we were try it out as were locals and I have to say I wont be returning which is a shame as the food was lovely however the service was terrible. Young staff that didnt really know what they were doing. Managers not having no idea about customers! And just the general attitude of the staff was an I dont care! were not bothered that we wouldnt be returning! Not a place to be visited!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Nparish_13
mbryant82, General Manager at The Pheasant Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for your review and please accept my apologies that you did not enjoy your evening. I do recall you emailed me after this evening and I subsequently phoned and we talked about your concerns and I took on board your feedback, it is therefore disappointing that these comments have been put on trip advisor as following on from the call I assured you we would work hard to rectify these issues.

You may also recall we contacted the group organiser who advised us they had a wonderful time and were very complementary regarding the food and service and commented that they would defiantly be returning. I'm sorry if your personally felt this was not the case and as previously discussed all comments are passed on to all the team here at the Pheasant Hotel and we will work hard to carry on improving our offerings.

Mark Bryant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Having booked three days before,on arrival we were told there was no reservation in our name, not a good start I thought. The location and setting is wonderful, dining room a bit retirement home feel about it, but very comfortable. The food was good, but not memorable. The service was dreadful, we waited an hour between first and main course, not good. The staff were very young, and did not appear professional. Obviously the proprietor has invested a great deal of money in this new venue, they would do a lot to have invested in a professional front of house manager/ess. The whole dining experience was very average, shame.

Room Tip: Lovely setting, poor dining experience
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Vicky182
mbryant82, General Manager at The Pheasant Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for review. It is disappointing to read that you did not enjoy all aspects of your stay and I am sorry to read we were unable to rectify any problems whilst you were here! We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and attention to detail as you will read in previous reviews!

I will be sure to pass this feedback onto all the team to ensure we learn from our error's and make improvements where necessary.

I do hope you are able to give the Pheasant Hotel another in the near future.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Staying one night at this recently refurbished hotel had been great.

The building looks grand from the outside, modern decor and facilities from the inside.

The staff are welcoming, helpful and professional.

The room we are in is large with a huge bed, 6' wide perhaps.

TV with digital reception, free fast Internet over Wifi in the room is always nice to have and increasingly becoming a must in all hotels.

The room service is reasonably quick, the food we ordered was hot and what we expected. They had these chunky chips that exceeded expectation.

The rest room is spectacular, Great shower, again all is modern and recently refurbished.

Parking is on site, nice and easy.

The facilities accommodate those with disabilities, wheelchair friendly.

Last but not least, it's nice and quiet :)

I'd stay here again if I'm in the area although it is a bit pricey. I wouldn't come just for the hotel unless I was wondering about in the area.

• Stayed June 2013
8 Thank ramzoozi
Thank you for your great and honest review! It is pleasing to read you enjoyed your time with us and I will be sure to pass this onto the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My partner and I stopped here for 2 nights for a long weekend and were very impressed. We stayed on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis and we were both impressed with every aspect. The room was lovely, bed comfy, shower (sounds silly to mention) was amazing.

The restaurant has a varied menu and we enjoyed starters, mains and desserts both nights of our stay. The breakfast menu was what you would expect and was well cooked/presented. The staff were friendly and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anybody that needed to stay in the area, or even was just after a nice meal.

Not much that I could suggest that could have made it better. Thank you for a lovely weekend!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Brad2523
Thank you for such a fantastic review! We work very hard to ensure all of our guests have a memorable experience from start to finish.

I will be sure to pass this feedback onto the team as they will delighted to read such positive comments.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Pheasant Hotel in the coming months.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Absolutely FABULOUS! Rivals Harrods! Try it for yourself beautiful hotel, gorgeous menu, can't wait to go back again! If you're in the area and it's a beautiful afternoon why not sit in the garden? Everything was perfect from the crockery upwards, and the setting in the garden was lovely i would recommend this hotel for a stay based on the portions of the hotel and the service experienced within a heartbeat, as I've said absolutely and quintessentially English in every way! Keep it up!

7 Thank kevster71
Thank you for your great feedback, we are very proud of our afternoon tea offerings and comment's like these make it all worth while.

I will be sure all the team are aware of your comments and we very much look forward to seeing you again very soon.

kings lynn
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Call in with the family for afternoon tea, and were delighted with an experience that was out of this world. The Staff were all very friendly and helpful, the food and tea were excellent, I can only add that I will call again very soon.

7 Thank chris s

NORWICH
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I dont often write reviews but reading others i thought i must share my own experiences we came for a meal on fathers day we wasnt sure if we would get a table at short notice but we was greeted by the restaurant manager with a very friendly smile and was shown to a table drinks were served very quickly all the staff were very efficient and friendly you could see they all know there roles the restaurant manager went out of her way to make sure our meal was to satisfaction as we asked if the beef could be cooked a little longer as we dont like it to undercooked it was perfect there was also a piano player there which was a lovely touch being local we will be coming back again as the service was first class thankyou to the restaurant manager and her team and there service with a SMILE.

7 Thank BEVERLEY B
Thank you for your review, it really is pleasing to read you had an enjoyable time with us.

I will be sure to pass this feedback on to all the team here and we look forward to welcoming you back in the coming months.

Mark Bryant
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kelling
Beechwood Hotel
#2 of 7 in Cromer
The Lawns Hotel
The Lawns Hotel
#2 of 3 in Holt

Been to The Pheasant Hotel? Share your experiences!