“Nice hotel, bit far from the centre but I would go back!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Campanile Argenteuil

Campanile Argenteuil
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Argenteuil
Somewhere in Suffolk
“Nice hotel, bit far from the centre but I would go back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

There is nothing wrong with this hotel. I have stayed in some really nasty hotels in Paris and this was by far one of the best!!! Our room was really clean, the beds were comfy and it only has four floors so it doesn't get too hot!! There is air conditioning anyway! The food in the hotel restaurant was great, evenings and breakfast were both brilliant. The staff were really helpful when it came to asking directions for getting into the centre. It is a bit of a trek but it was easy. The area is not particularly nice but the bus stop was only a five minute walk away so its not far! The easiest way to get into the centre from here was to get the number 161 bus from near the hotel to La Defense, and then the metro from here to wherever you wish to go. It was cheap and straightforward. Overall I had a lovely trip!

Room Tip: Back rooms, view of eiffell tower, no generator!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank GlobeTrotter24_10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Korean first
grangemouth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2011

SIMPLY Dont go ! This hotel is a joke. We have travelled far and wide and have never encountered anything like this Hotel. For a start the lift is an accident waiting to happen, the Staff could not be more disinterested in their Guests, On our visit to the Dining Room there was very little food, no cutlery, cups, glasses nor plates i had to eat my Breakfast Cereal with a Teaspoon. Every table in the Restaurant and the Garden were full of Dirty Dishes, One of our Coach Party had to clear a table in the garden and clean it just for her and her husband to be able to sit down. The hotel smelled of Stale Cigarette Smoke and the area is definately un-desirable on a stroll out we quickly returned as we definately did not feel safe. Paris France on the whole is a lovely city, we have visited there on two previous occasions and will visit again but definatelyy not in this Horrendous Hotel and Equally Horrendous Area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lovegogs
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2011

We stayed here in May as part of an organised coach trip. We rated this hotel as very poor indeed. The rooms are tiny, stank musty and of cigarette smoke and were generally not clean. Dont get me wrong, Im not an obsessive about cleaning, but this was dirty. The net curtains were so bad you couldnt see through them and they were stiff with filth. I also had to clean the bath before use. There was mould around the shower and dubious looking hairs lurking in the bottom. Yuk.
There were minimal refreshment facilities present in the room and you couldnt seem to get them replenished by the staff. The TV had french channels only. No air conditioning functioning in the rooms and it was in the 70s temp wise.
The hotel is grossly understaffed- our Rep was clearing the tables in the restaurant so that we could sit down and eat our breakfast each day sat in the filth of the previous diner. The selection of food and drink was poor and expensive. No jam for the croissants- only stewed rhubarb!
The staff were, without question, the rudest and most disinterested I have ever encountered in any hotel in the world - one waitress physically rammed into me in the restaurant with a tray of food for the buffet and said "beep beep- move out of the way or you dont eat". I was quite shocked at the attitude. Guests were made to feel like a gross inconvenience and I observed they frequently and deliberately ignored people. The manageress who was by far the rudest of them all,sat in reception holding a personal telephone call for 15 minutes whilst three guests were locked out of their rooms and were waiting in front of her at the reception desk. If we hadnt had our rep present who was quite forceful, I believe the stay would have been even worse. If you spoke to her at any time she snarled a response back at you. Utterley rude and disrespectful. This was our first trip to France and I am glad that we got out and about and met real French people who were so polite and courteous in comparison.
The location of the hotel is a good 15 minutes drive outside of Paris at the side of a busy "A" road and definately not within walking distance or easy enough to pop back through the day. We went out for a stroll and found it to be quite a rough residential area, with unsavoury looking characters loitering in the vicinity so we went back to the hotel feeling quite unsafe.
There is also a building behind the Hotel and a car park from which eminated considerable noise for the entire duration of the stay constantly disturbing our sleep. Public transport seemed to be a non entity without a good hike beforehand.
I have tried to be objective and wanted to give you a balanced review, but I couldnt find a positive thing to say about this place unfortunately.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Blondie131972
Rye
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2011

We were on a coach tour with 47 other travellers. Rooms are small, hardly enough room to squeeze by each other. Ours was clean apart from mildew on the tile grouting around the bath. No fridge or safe in the room...these are now common in many budget hotels. The courtesy tray only gives you two small milk cartons, so if the two of you want a drink in the evening and in the morning, no chance. We asked at the desk for more milk, but they said they couldn't get any as it was all locked away. The hotel is a long way from the centre...a bus and metro ride away. At the rear of the hotel is a sort of community centre. On the Saturday night, our second night, there was an all-night party...literally all-night...with very loud, thumping music 'til 5 in the morning. Kept the whole hotel awake. OK, not the hotel's fault, but it did spoil the weekend for everybody. The weather was very warm and muggy the whole weekend. Great, except the air conditioning had packd up throughout the hotel, which made sleeping uncomfortable unless you had the window open....impossible on Saturday with the party going on. The TV had 40+ channels but the only English one was the CNN news channel. No English or other nationality papers available. The food in the restaurant was acceptable apart from the fish stew.....a dish of thin stew with a few bits of fish and potato floating around in it. No side salad or veg. At 17 euros....a rip-off. The staff had a couldn't-care-less attitude and seem very disinterested in everything and everybody

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank flatcat15
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2011

Hotelrooms are clean. We had a room with bath and shower. Soaps, douchegel and fohn are available. TV in the room. Breakfast is buffetstyle, only cold stuff, If you want a fried egg you have to pay separately. Hotel is reachable by bus 161 from metro La Defense (to place du 11 novembre). Good and frequent drivingschedule. We did not use the restaurant for dinner, so I cannot rate that.

• Stayed December 2010
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

I stayed here from Tuesday 13th July through to Friday 23 July only because it was the closest to the hospital where I was visiting the sick father of a friend.

My complaints are as follows:

Cleaning Staff would often walk into the room without knocking ( I sleep naked).
Cleaning staff would knock the door in early even though DO NOT DISTURB sign was displayed.
I was regularly left without cups (they use paper ones) , tea, coffee or spoons to make myself something to drink.

On my return to the hotel on the first day hundreds of flies were in the room.
I visited reception and told them. No one came to clean it. I saw the housekeeper and brought her to the room to show her. She and I cleaned it and she apologised. I asked for some fly killer so I could kill the remaining ones in the room. She said reception would bring it - they did not. I had to purchase the fly killer myself for the numerous living flies which were left.

One night I went to the restaurant to have dinner, ordered salmon and pasta and a glass of wine. I ordered a second glass of wine.
Because I ordered a second glass of wine the waiter became quite rude. It is NOT up to staff to tell customers who are merely sitting having dinner whether or not they can have a drink. His churlish and offensive behaviour continued during my stay.
I ate as seldom as possible in the restaurant because the waiter made me feel very uncomfortable.
During the following week I ate at the restaurant again. This time I ordered 1 x Coca Zero, 1 glass of wine, cheese omelette with frites. A very long wait indeed. It transpired the waiter forgot my drinks and didn't place my food order. Eventually he brought food a ham and cheese omelette and salad (I'm vegetarian). I told him that was not what I ordered. A while later he returned with a cheese omelette, but no frites (he had forgotten again). For a simple order of a cheese omelette and frites it took ONE HOUR.
I spent a vast amount of money in this hotel for a very poor experience - if another hotel had been available then I would have moved, but given its location to the hospital and the fact I was visiting every day I stayed, purchasing my own tea, coffee, milk and avoiding staff.
Would I recommend this hotel? NEVER.
I emailed my complaint to Louvre hotels who owns the hotel. Advising them of my complaints.
Thankfully I will never have to return to this 'two star' hotel, nor will I ever stay in another Louvre owned hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank amime01
Nieuwegein
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2009

Dear Madam / Sir,
My name is Michelle Suradkar, and I was a guest at your hotel from October 16 to 18, 2009. The room was booked in the name of Arouze, we were a group from Effeweg, Holland.

While I was staying here an incident occurred, which though small in itself, left me hurt and humiliated.

On Oct 17th morning, after breakfast in the restaurant, my sister opened her handbag at the table to take out her tablets. A waiter (Mr Agor) passing by, said, loudly and rudely, that we were not permitted to carry food out of the restaurant.
I appreciate that a hotel has the right to prevent patrons from taking food out, but I do think that he could have stopped by the table to address us, and could have spoken civilly.

We explained that she was not carrying food out, but merely taking her medicine. He did not bother to stop at the table when we replied nor did he apologize when he heard our explanation. Our tour guide, at the next table was a witness to this incident.

The next day we observed two separate instances where 2 ladies carried fruit and bread rolls out of the restaurant after they finished breakfast. Mr.Agor observed this but said nothing on both occasions. Both ladies were from our tour group and white - I hesitate to imply a racial prejudice, but the thought does cross my mind.

This is a small incident, but given that the lady at the front desk and the manager (Mr Jolly) were both very warm and courteous, in all interactions, I would like to believe that such poor attitude as displayed by Mr Agor is not representative of your hotel's service standards.
May I suggest that suitable training be recommended for the gentleman in question, to ensure that no one else is subjected to such treatment in the future.

Best regards,
Michelle Suradkar

• Stayed October 2009
1 Thank CarloPonti
Also consider these accommodations in or near Argenteuil
Kyriad Argenteuil
Kyriad Argenteuil
#2 of 3 in Argenteuil
Ibis Budget Argenteuil Bords de Seine
Ibis Budget Bezons Rives de Seine
Kyriad Paris Ouest - Bezons La Defense
ibis budget Saint Gratien Enghien les Bains
Kyriad Paris Ouest - Colombes

Been to Campanile Argenteuil? Share your experiences!