We enjoyed Wonderfull, imaginative food here well worth the 3 Michelin Stars and in my opinion the price. We were shown the Kitchens and introduced to the Chef before Dinner which was a wonderfull "touch" and much appreciated.
The Hotel was not however worth the money ! We had a large Bedroom with a Terrace overlooking the River, but our terrace was also completely overlooked by the rooms above whose occupants could also hear all that we said , it also had an unswept floor and dirty table & chairs! The television suspended on a bracket from high up on the wall smacked of a cheap US Motel . The Hotel Car park is too small and the street outside can get busy. The approach to the front of the Hotel is a little down at heel and the whole place is in need of a makeover considering the room prices.In all there is very little atmosphere in this place so it never feels "special"
We would recommend The restaurant here as it is a special experience, but stay over the River (short 5 minutes walk) at RIve Gauche ..a hotel run by the same family but with a lot more ground and space at one third of the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our enchanting hotel in Burgundy awaits you in Joigny, just 90 minutes from Paris. Come and visit for a bit of leisure time or a romantic interlude in the heart of one of the most beautiful wine growing regions in France. In a setting that is both decidedly modern and indelibly marked by refinement, the Cote Saint Jacques, our luxury, 5-star hotel, opens the doors of its Relais & Chateaux establishment to you . We invite you to the stay of your dreams, during which our team will be at your beck and call. Fitted out with 32 rooms and suites, the Cote Saint Jacques hotel offers top line services, such as a magnificent 6 x 12 m indoor pool overlooking a garden, a luxurious spa, a winter lounge with a fireplace, a summer lounge with a terrace, and a boat for rides on the Yonne. Enjoy all the services of our enchanting, luxuriously equipped hotel, along with our gastronomic restaurant, directed by the masterful hand of Jean-Michel Lorain and his team. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Otel, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your La Cote Saint Jacques reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Cote Saint Jacques Hotel Joigny
- La Cote Saint Jacques Joigny