“unpleasant and good food”
Review of Le Cafe de Maria

Le Cafe de Maria
Ranked #5 of 105 Restaurants in Quiberon
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2018

I do not remember such an unpleasant evening . it seems that the members of the same family is doing the service and their concept of the menu is on the wall. I arrived before my 5 guests who took care of parking the car. I was the only one speaking French so I ask the explanation of the menu. I was rudely answered to wait for the other guests by the only male doing the service. When later I asked a question on a menu I was looked at as a perfect idiot for not understanding. All together as good as the food was done by smiling mature men I good not overcome the unpleasant atmosphere which last the all time. I have since advised everybody I met of their risk of going there.I was in holiday and I like the kindness of all hoteliers in Quiberon. I think people who do not like their customers should do another job even if part of the family is cooking so well.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed May 25, 2018 via mobile

Looking for a place to have lunch, we saw this small place in a side street from the boulevard full of touristy restaurants. Thstaff including the proprietor were just finishing their lunch, we were early, but we were seated, no problem. We ordered a large two person dish of fish, prawns, mussels from the grill, including a medium size turbot, a lot better than the usual baked fish, we liked it very much, at the end the dish being so large the proprietress rewarmed our turbot and filleted it for us. Nice detail: the washroom has lukewarm water to wash our hand in, nice after having had fish and other seafood. Also a very clean toilet, also having warm water.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

Upon suggestion of Sofitel we went here for an evening with family. Excellent food, in particular the fresh fish is very good. We took the sole, thon and meat and all was delicious. In particular the home made vetegables are excellent. Seems that booking in advance is best as this restaurant is quickly full. Service is very friendly and a relaxed atmosphere. A more than “have to go” once if you are in the neighborhood as it cannot disappoint you

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

Good atmosphere and kind welcome from the staff
We had a fish soup and a tuna steak with foie gras.
The fish soup was not so good and was served without roasted toast and "rouille" sauce . A pity!
But the tuna steak covered with a foie gras Scallop was GREAT
So good place close to the harbour simple familial and .... good

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

My father and I were very lucky to get a table at this restaurant as we hadn't booked and we saw several others being turned away later in the evening.

Having overdosed a bit on seafood we decided on meat for this one. I had beef while my father had veal.

Unfortunately my command of French isn't what I'd like it to be and when the food came out I had a feeling that I had made a bad choice regarding the veal. Not so, our main courses were fabulous.

The service was also very efficient and friendly despite a busy night.

Date of visit: September 2017