1,384 results
All reviews superior room no air con ocean view isn t rooms are modern dressing gowns bread seafood yogurt concierge bretagne coast seagulls bites hydrotherapy whirlpool france
Selected filters
Reviewed February 10, 2016

I stayed at the Dietetique part of this hotel - This includes your room, calorie controlled meals, a certain number of therapies which are dependent on the plan you have chosen. I went for 6 nights. The food was mostly very good considering it is all calorie controlled and well presented. The clientele is mostly French and older in this part of the hotel. The staff is very helpful - even though I do not speak French, I managed to communicate quite clearly with a huge effort made by the staff to understand my requirement.

Date of stay: February 2016
Bart_Van_Cauwelaert, Directeur général at Sofitel Quiberon Thalassa Sea & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2016

Dear Sir, Madam,

We would like to thank you for choosing Sofitel Quiberon Diététique for your stay on our beautiful Peninsula.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your week among us and that you appreciated the diet cuisine of our Head Chef Patrick Jarno.
The whole staff is very grateful for your kind words.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor Community. We hope to see you again at Sofitel Quiberon Diététique for some relaxing Breton holidays!

Bart Van Cauwelaert,
General Manager,
Sofitel Quiberon Diététique

Reviewed October 15, 2015

We have waited a month before writing this review to have more perspective as our experience was very mixed.
Firstly the good points:
- the location is stunning. Some of the rooms, the bar and restaurant and the outdoor jacuzzi allow a full appreciation of the magnificent coastline.
- the food in the restaurant was exceptional. The breakfast afforded an excellent choice and was delicious. Dinner was also delicious and the service excellent.
-the Lanvin products provided in the en suite bathroom were much appreciated. The mattress and pillows gave us 2 good nights sleep.
- we very much enjoyed our complimentary treatment in a sea water bath.

However having come from another hotel in the same Hotel Group of a lesser standing in the south of France the overall experience did not compare favourably.
-the service and professionalism of the staff was very varied. Some (in the restaurant) were efficient and engaging), others (male bar staff and main reception at the Thalassotherapy Spa) lacked empathy and any sense that you were a paying guest. Comments to reception about our experiences did not make me feel any better.
-as stated in other reviews, the rooms were small, offering no hot drink making facilities, no air conditioning, very outdated and almost shoddy.
-in order to have a table with a sea view in the restaurant we opted for the second sitting and by the time our main course had arrived at just past 9.50pm staff were already under instruction to clear tables to set up for the next mornings breakfast. This completely ruined a very fine evening and we declined dessert.
This hotel could be exceptional but needs to make radical improvements to facilities and service to justify the high prices charged. I make these comments in the hope that someone will listen but I see from other reviewers over months and years that similar conclusions to our own have not been acted upon and have fallen on deaf ears. I suspect the same will be the case this time.

Room tip: First floor sea view
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank JandLHove
Bart_Van_Cauwelaert, Directeur général at Sofitel Quiberon Thalassa Sea & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2015

Dear Madam, Sir,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing the Sofitel Quiberon Thalassa sea & spa for your stay in Quiberon.

We are deeply sorry to read in your comment that the overall experience of your stay didn’t meet your expectations. Be sure that we shared your comment with our managers so they can correct all the details you mentioned.

However we are glad that you enjoyed the location with our incredible view on the ocean, that you appreciated the meals and breakfast at our restaurant La Presqu’île, and that you really enjoyed the sea water treatment.

We look forward to welcoming you again in Quiberon and regain your trust.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed September 14, 2015

Pro: the best local hotel, staff friendly
Contra: very overpriced, rooms very very small, restaurant mediocre at high price level (you can eat better in town), bar poorly stocked (Calvados undrinkable).
Summary: you pay dearly for the location. Anything you will receive is below average

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Camille_Genie, Service communication et expérience client at Sofitel Quiberon Thalassa Sea & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2015

Dear Thomas,

We would like to thank you for choosing the Sofitel Quiberon Thalassa Sea & Spa for your family vacation in Brittany.
We are sorry to read that your stay was not up to your expectations. Be assured that your remarks have been passed on to our General Manager in order to improve our service quality.
However we are glad that you appreciated our staff and the hotel.
We hope to welcome you again and win back your confidence.

Reviewed September 5, 2015

This is a really nice hotel that is directly opposite a small beach. One can feel a little institutionalised as they issue you with beige, towelling dressing gowns but the rooms are very comfortable and some have great views of the sea. Everything is mega clean (you are welcomed with a bowl of fruit) and you are very well provided with pampering aids. All the staff were exceptionally helpful and the food was, at times, exceptional (they apparently got an award in 2013 for their breakfast provision), certainly there is bags of buffet choice and even a cheerful man to cook your eggs and to make fresh pancakes. The evening seafood is sometimes stupendous. The hotel has a brilliant array of swimming locations with a 30m warm seawater pool, hot and cold wading pools, a out door hot tub a steam room and saunas. It also has a well provisioned gym with lots of equipment and other activity locations, all with aids for mobility impaired folk. The bar is also pleasant and sometimes features live music along with decent bar snacks. The hotel is very well served with parking, wifi and TV. Treatments (beauty and hairdressers) and a shop for swimming gear is available. And all this is in reach of a spectacular (for the ecologist) littoral environment.

Room tip: 1st or 2nd floor rooms with a balcony are best
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Camille_Genie, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Quiberon Thalassa Sea & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2015

Dear Sir,

It is a real pleasure to read your comment !

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Sofitel Quiberon Thalassa Sea & Spa. Our teams were glad to read all your nice words about the cleanliness of the room, our staff, the food at La Presqu’île, the Blue Bar and our Espace Détente.

We can’t wait to welcome you again on our spectacular Quiberon peninsula.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed September 1, 2015

I spent two nights at the Sofitel while visiting friends who own a vacation home in Quiberon. My stay took place during a busy mid-August week-end, which may help understand some of the bad experiences I encountered at the hotel.
Check-in takes place at two separate desks where guests can seat while they are attended to; in front of these desks, there is also a couch where some guests can also take place while waiting. When I arrived, both desks and couch were fully occupied. It turned out the couch is used not only by arriving customers but also by leaving guests, or by any people waiting in the lobby. Therefore, no clear queuing line is marked; and I saw no express line for Le Club Accorhotel guests. As a result, I started my stay with a long and uncomfortable wait, standing between the couch and the desks not knowing what my position could be in the line. Front desk clerks were kind but seemed young and poorly trained. As this Sofitel is a thalasso (sea spa health care treatments), beware that some guests take a long time at front desk as they settle in for a long time and need to get information about their planned cares.
Once I finally got my key, my platinum privileges were honoured; and my garden level room did seem large enough for me (may be because I was alone? some other reviewers mentioned a size issue for such rooms). But this room was much too hot: no AC, no vent. In the night, the temperature rise too much to sleep comfortably. And I stayed there during a rather cool summer (see picture of garden with cloudy skies); I wonder how hot it may become on more sunny days. This lack of air flow in the room is a structural issue for this Sofitel, and I do not see how to manage it except by opening the window all night which is not possible on the ground floor.
Anyhow, note that being on the ground floor gives you an advantage: more time to enjoy the garden in the evening, as you can move your beach chair to stay in the sun as it goes down (see picture). People in the levels above me left their balcony much earlier as they were in the shade.
To come back to the room itself, I am surprised this Sofitel does not provide coffee - tea facility in the room. Turndown service was minimal: towels changed, and a small chocolate put on the bed.
I doubt the housecleaning service works well as a pencil that had been left on the ground by previous guests stayed there in my room all stay long (see picture).
As for meals, I took breakfast in my room, requesting the Figaro newspaper which, according to the form used to order breakfast, is brought complimentary with breakfast. The waiter bringing my breakfast apologised spontaneously as newspapers had not arrived yet; he told me my Figaro would be delivered later to my room. No newspaper ever arrived, and when I phoned in the evening to know when I would get my Figaro, it turned out I had been forgotten and the hotel had run out of newspapers. No apology, nor any proposal to go and buy one for me.
But the main reason for my poor rating comes from the big mishap that took place at the hotel's restaurant where I had invited my friends to have dinner. When we ordered our meal choices to the maître d'hôtel at the beginning, he told us not to order desserts immediately but rather wait after the entree. When menus were given back to us later, we ordered the desired desserts and, a few minutes later, the waiter came back telling us the restaurant had run out of our choice (the chocolate cube). We asked for a substitute (we had chocolate lovers in our party of five) but nothing was offered to us except the other desserts on the menu (that were not appropriate to some of us). The maître d'hôtel had left the restaurant at that time and we never saw him again. As a result, a shameful experience for me in front of my guests; some of them had no choice than simply skipping dessert! Of course what they had ordered before as starter and entree had been chosen expecting a dessert. Therefore they left the restaurant hungry! In a so-called luxury resort? Shame on Sofitel, and shame on the management: my complaint about this mishap when checking-in was answered by “really?”, and I got no answer either when I sent back the guest feedback form I automatically received through e-mail after my stay.
What is expected from Sofitel is a consistent level of service, a level that the Quiberon property can obviously not provide. I feel sorry having to give a global poor rating as many staff members I dealt with during my stay do strive to make a good job.

Room tip: Garden level rooms allow you to enjoy the sun longer than balcony rooms
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Eric_Beylon

Dear Eric,

First, we would like to thank you for sharing your experience at Sofitel Quiberon Thalassa sea & spa on our Tripadvisor page.

We are deeply sorry that your stay was not as pleasant as you expected. We read with attention your comment about the check-in. Due to our August high occupancy and therefore busy lobby, we would like to apologise for the time you had to wait before being able to get your room key.

We were surprised to read about the pen you found on the floor as our housekeeping team fully cleans up every room every day. We are very sorry for this inconvenience and be sure that we passed your comment on to our Gouvernante Générale.

We are also very saddened by the incident you experienced at La Presqu’île and understand your feelings about it. We are deeply sorry and can only assure you that we give your remark to our restaurant Manager so this mishap will not happen again.

We hope that you appreciated the rest of your stay. We apologise again for the inconvenience and be sure that we took your feedback very seriously.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon and regain your trust.