“Ok breakfast”
Review of Casa Jose

Casa Jose
Ranked #69 of 102 Restaurants in Hendaye
Reviewed July 26, 2016 via mobile

Wanted to visit France just for fun while left San Sebastian to drive to Madrid. Stopped basicly the first place on the French side. Baguetts and sandwiches were fresh and ok. There would have been a real bakery just a hundred meters away. I guess that it would have been a better choise.

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (62)

Reviewed May 30, 2016

I stopped by here while I was waiting for my connecting train to Bordeaux.

This place is small but has lots of charm.

I had pastries and coffee. Very reasonable prices.

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed September 1, 2015

The immediate impression of the interior is good - lots of charming photos and artefacts of the locality. I had the plat du jour - mixed salad and fish. The salad was OK, the fish and rice dish very bland. The service was somewhat desultory, the two guys kept forgetting things and disappearing for periods. I may be wrong, but would suspect that the behind the bar/cooking area might not win hygiene awards. Overall, a very tired feeling.

Date of visit: August 2015
4  Thank Philip O
Reviewed June 21, 2015 via mobile

Industrial pre-made and re-heated tortilla and raviolis right from the can.... All of this while I could see and hear the cook coughing directly on the food he was cooking.
Que asco Dios mío!!

Date of visit: June 2015
4  Thank Cristiflor
Reviewed October 30, 2013

after a train ride from Burgos and while waiting for a bus to take me to Biarritz for plane ride home, this place hit the just the right spot. Although they only speak French and Spanish (both of which I only know how to say hello), I basically took a chance and pointed in the meat section of the menu. It came with hardy basket of fries, and combined with jug of vino tinto it was just the thing I needed. And, at about 20 euros, the price was right.

Date of visit: October 2013