“Charming house, great location. extremely helpful hosts”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sarlat-la-Caneda
La Maison du Notaire Royal
San Francisco, California
“Charming house, great location. extremely helpful hosts”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Welcoming hosts and a beautiful large room with the garden outside my window. The room and all of the public areas were beautifully furnished with lots of nice touches. The location was perfect, just off the main square. Pierre-Henri and Diane were great hosts and could not have been nicer or more helpful. They had an excellent collection of books on the area and had recommendations for things to do. Pierre-Henri clearly loves his house, town, and region and enjoys sharing them with visitors. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Sarlat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Barbara U

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Amazing location!!...right in the middle of this beautiful old city and our room overlooked the main square. It was just like staying in a piece of Sarlat's medieval history! The owners were truly lovely and the breakfast was delicious - thank you! We even managed to park right outside the B&B, which was extremely convenient. Despite the unfortunate rain during our stay, we had a really lovely time and a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed June 28, 2013

As I am completing travel notes of our wonderful trip to Italy and France in May/June 2012 I realised hat I had not written about this delightful place. We selected it after a search on the Internet and some helpful email exchanges with host, Pierre-Henri. We were not disappointed. We had a large bright room with a balcony overlooking the square where we sat to enjoy the sunshine, lunch or per-dinner drinks and watch the activities below. As others have said, Pierre-Henri showed us around the property, gave us information about the history of the house which has been in his family for at least five generations and provided us with excellent itineraries for our three day visit (too short and wold recommend at least 5). I wished I ad a copy with me now to refresh my memory. My husband and I loved everything about our stay in Sarlat which was enhanced by having such wonderful hosts. We would definitely love to return.

Room Tip: Ask for Room three with the balcony over lookin the square.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tauranga, New Zealand
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I recently spent 5 weeks in one of the rental cottages owned by Pierre-Henri and his lovely wife Dianne. Tapis-Vert 2 was just brilliant for an extended vacation. The cottage was fully equipped with absolutely everything I needed for a self-catering situation. I always appreciate a quite location, and this was just ideal. So close to the action of central Sarlat, and yet just a few steps in the other direction and I found myself in the beautiful green Dordogne countryside, where I had the most wonderful walks.
I was without my own transport during my visit, as I just wanted to become totally immersed in the town itself, to and absorb its culture, but Pierre-Henri even lent me his bike so I could take advantage of the beautiful cycle-trail nearby.
I would dearly love to return, but for an even longer stay next time, in which case I would have no hesitation in again renting the gite.
I was sad to say goodbye to these very kind and generous hosts, who feel like true friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Sarlat in May, and we found this bed and breakfast online. What a find! It is conveniently nestled in the heart of Sarlat, close to both town shops and restaurants. The room was both large and clean, and the building itself is centuries old. Breakfast consisted of bread, croissants, and coffee and juice--a perfect start to the day! The owners were friendly and helpful when it came to service and finding attractions around Dordogne. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: This is not a traditional hotel in the sense that someone does not come in every day to make your be...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
France
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Pierre-Henri is an excellent host in all respects, the property is perfectly situated overlooking the main square and the quality/price is very good. Room and bathroom were large and confortable; could have used a standup shower but it's a small matter and did not cause any difficulty. We would return without hesitation.

Room Tip: Only saw room 2 as they were fully booked; we had a big balcony. An excellent room overall.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The hosts Pierre-Henri and Diane are very gracious and helpful to the guests. Pierre-Henri picked us and sent us to the train station, made restaurant recommendations, booked our canoe trip and museum tours and provided excellent guidance to us to enjoy the Dordogne area. Their place is large, roomy, comfortable and ideally situated close to the town square. We enjoyed staying there and would stay again if we return to Sarlat.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family