La Villa des Consuls(Sarlat-la-Caneda)
$147
$126
Best Western Le Renoir(Sarlat-la-Caneda)
$127
$105
  • Pool
Le Mas De Castel(Sarlat-la-Caneda)
$99
$150
Hotel Mounea(Marquay)(Great Value!)
$73
$62
Hotel La Couleuvrine(Sarlat-la-Caneda)(Great Value!)
$101
$95
Official Site
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
Hotel Le Mas del Pechs(Sarlat-la-Caneda)(Great Value!)
$103
$93
Priceline
All reviewslovely hotelprestige roomgreat locationold townsecure lotsauna and steam roomsaturday marketsecure parkingthe room was nicepool areathe main streettwo blockssaturday morningminute walk from the hotelstayed nightsoverlooking the squareminutes walk away
Reviewed April 15, 2012

My wife and I spent three nights here in July 2011. The location is excellent..steps from the old city. If you have only a few days, try to plan to be here on market day, as the vendors are set up immediately in front of the hotel. The smells of the paella and chickens cooking is maddeningly delicious! The hotel has a fine outdoor pool that is mostly shaded in the afternoon. It is close to restaurants both in the old town and out. We had a refridgerator in the room so were able to picnic around the area. Plenty of boulangeres and patisseries nearby. Only negative is the car park is a few blocks away and maybe received a bit of untypical French attitude. Pardon ma francais!

Go here!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in January for my birthday. The room was clean, modern and tidy with a lovely view of the town square. The hotel staff were very helpful and accommodating. It's in a great location right in the centre of Sarlat with plenty of restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank echo10
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Hotel is traditional and impressive from the outside, and has had a pleasant enough modern recent re-fit, giving it a boutique-hotel sort of atmosphere. Room was a fair size, and we slept 2 adults and with 2 children on the sofa bed - a bit squashed but that was our choice. The sofa bed was fine, but the "double bed" was 2 singles pushed together, both of which sloped towards the middle. Not comfortable. Our room faced the pretty terrace with pool (closed) and jacuzzi (open). At night there was the noise of some machinery outside (aircon / extractors fans / boilers ?) which was irritiating and meant keeping the windows open was not possible. Bathroom was pretty basic given recent re-fit.

Breakfasst was international buffet, and generally pretty good. The bar, "Au Bureau", had a rather un-French pubby feel, but was fine. Didnt eat in the restaurant. Staff generally ok. Limited parking by the hotel, but they have a secure parking lot 3-4 minutes walk away, which I do not believe we were charged for (may be different in high season).

If I could ensure a better bed and quieter room I would return.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Voyager212
Reviewed December 31, 2011

The hotel and delightful swimming pool are superb. The hotel staff are very friendly and welcoming and particularly helpful. We agree with others who have commented about the restaurant attached to the hotel as we also experienced the loosely termed cook or another off night by the chef (although there was a tour bus of guest in the hotel on the night we went to the hotel, so maybe they had an excuse)
We would certainly return to this hotel again, but would choose to eat out

Room Tip: We had a suite with a view of the old square, which was very pretty and quiet. We opted to park our car at the hotel off site parking which we found to be very convenient and good value.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I stayed one night at Plaza Madeleine in early October and had a great experience. The room was spacious and comfortable with a view of a cute town square. The hotel was recently renovated and the decor is contemporary and welcoming. Plaza Madeleine is conveniently located near the all the major town sites for those on foot and offers parking @ ten euros per night for those driving into town (a huge relief for me). The staff members were friendly and helpful, especially at the front desk. The gentleman who helped me gave great touring advice for the surrounding area. His assistance and expertise in the area allowed me to see lots with the little time I had. I wish I would have had more time to spend in the spa/pool but my trip was a short one. I didn't eat dinner at the hotel but did have breakfast and the selection was good. Overall, I had a very pleasant stay at Plaza Madeleine and recommend it to others considering visiting Sarlat.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family