La Villa des Consuls(Sarlat-la-Caneda)
$147
$126
Best Western Le Renoir(Sarlat-la-Caneda)
$127
$105
  • Pool
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

Le Mas De Castel(Sarlat-la-Caneda)
$99
$150
Hotel Mounea(Marquay)(Great Value!)
$73
$62
Hotel La Couleuvrine(Sarlat-la-Caneda)(Great Value!)
$101
$95
Official Site
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
Hotel Le Mas del Pechs(Sarlat-la-Caneda)(Great Value!)
$103
$93
Priceline
All reviewslovely hotelprestige roomgreat locationold townsecure lotsauna and steam roomsaturday marketsecure parkingthe room was nicepool areathe main streettwo blockssaturday morningminute walk from the hotelstayed nightsoverlooking the squareminutes walk away
Reviewed December 31, 2011

The hotel and delightful swimming pool are superb. The hotel staff are very friendly and welcoming and particularly helpful. We agree with others who have commented about the restaurant attached to the hotel as we also experienced the loosely termed cook or another off night by the chef (although there was a tour bus of guest in the hotel on the night we went to the hotel, so maybe they had an excuse)
We would certainly return to this hotel again, but would choose to eat out

Room Tip: We had a suite with a view of the old square, which was very pretty and quiet. We opted to park our car at the hotel off site parking which we found to be very convenient and good value.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I stayed one night at Plaza Madeleine in early October and had a great experience. The room was spacious and comfortable with a view of a cute town square. The hotel was recently renovated and the decor is contemporary and welcoming. Plaza Madeleine is conveniently located near the all the major town sites for those on foot and offers parking @ ten euros per night for those driving into town (a huge relief for me). The staff members were friendly and helpful, especially at the front desk. The gentleman who helped me gave great touring advice for the surrounding area. His assistance and expertise in the area allowed me to see lots with the little time I had. I wish I would have had more time to spend in the spa/pool but my trip was a short one. I didn't eat dinner at the hotel but did have breakfast and the selection was good. Overall, I had a very pleasant stay at Plaza Madeleine and recommend it to others considering visiting Sarlat.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank electra005
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Hotel is fantastic, great friendly staff, parking not an issue, if you follow the directions carefully.
Great location in a historic town.
The attached bar/restaurant was disappointment, more like poor pub food (to use Australian slang) hamburger was ok, salmon was dry, steak was as tough as old boot leather. Staff were friendly enougH, so I suppose the cook had an off night.( No way I would call him/her a chef).
The breakfast served in the hotel itself was lovely.

Final advice, stay here by all means but find a Restaurant in town to eat at.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 13, 2011

The Plaza Madeleine was a disappointment. Although it charges more than three times what the hotel next door charged, it didn't deliver. The woman at the front desk was barely tolerant of any questions you had for her. I travel a lot and this hotel did not make you feel welcome at all.
Often the lobby was too crowded to even get to the front desk, because this hotel caters to tours. It's the only hotel in the old city large enough to accommodate groups.
I suggest that if you stay at this hotel that you check your bill carefully. There was a charge for a breakfast that was never had and phone calls that were never made. They even charged me for their calling a local number from the desk. Overall, the area has many small charming hotels. I would choose to stay at one of them when I return to Sarlat.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Luvtotravel038
Reviewed September 29, 2011

The hotel is well located in Sarlat so you can walk to the old city and most of the sights. Front desk staff were very helpful, very good english. The plaza where the hotel resides can be a bit noisy in the evening but not enough to be a bother. We only had breakfast in the hotel one morning and it had a good selection. Other mornings we simply walked to the many cafe's nearby for the set breakfast menu or just cafe and a croissant. There is a great Saturday market in Sarlat. Takes up nearly a KM of the main street. We had a Chambre executive which was well appointed, clean bath/shower and plenty of room for our 2 suitcases. Sarlat is a great place to use as a base to explore the area and the many other beautiful small hilltop towns. If driving to the hotel be certain to ask for their parking lot. It is well worth the 10euro per night as parking is at a premium in the town.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple