We stayed there in August 2012, and while the service, etc. (and possibly, the rating itself... is the "5 star" sign on the property old?) is not five star, it nonetheless seemed from our walking around Sarlat that La Boetie is one of the best there. The room was very nice (as was the terrace, though it did overlook the busy courtyard with customers from the adjoining hotel able to stare at us while sitting in the jacuzzi); service was inconsistently competent, but eager; and, its location sits just outside of the hustle and bustle of a typical, mid-August downtown Sarlat. However, as to the things one would expect from a five star, they are sorely lacking.
I guess the BIG problem I'll note here is the fact their parking lot was located 2 blocks away, up a steep hill.
And though they offered us the adjoining hotel's indoor lot to park our bicycles, the access to that was either taking the awkward walk through the adjoining the hotel's tiny main lobby past the main desk (with that apologetic smile) to retrieve the bikes, or walking completely around the entire city block to the rear garage door entrance to walk the bikes into the garage. Note: you could not walk the bikes through the lobby, which is completely understandable; but query: why does the three star hotel adjoining the (again, somewhat dubious) five star hotel have the underground, indoor parking lot, while La Boetie clients have to hike to their cars two blocks away? I'm just asking.
Again, this is not to bash the hotel; we truly enjoyed our stay there, and as a 3 or 4 star hotel, I would have given it a "Very Good." As a five star, though??? "Average" at best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CLOS LA BOETIE brings complete harmony with a luxurious, comfortable and romantic setting. It's modernity and peacefulness, provide and added dream-like quality to the discovery of this region of great cultural and gastronomic wealth.Located in the town centre, this charming XIXth century mansion, a genuine haven of peace, offers you accommodation in stylish decor, filled with antique family furniture and rich fabrics of glistening colours.Louis XV, armchairs, marble fire-places, pedestral tables, low fire-side chairs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Clos La Boetie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clos La Boetie Sarlat Canéda
- Clos La Boetie France/Sarlat-La-Caneda