“I'm eating way too much pizza now!”
Review of La Romane

La Romane
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 7, 2014

My wife and I, expatriates from New York now living in the Dordogne region of France, happened upon this restaurant totally by accident when our then favorite restaurant happened to be closed one evening during the summer of 2013. Boy, were we happy that happened! About the only negative I can think of to say about La Romane is that I was hoping to lose some weight; but this restaurant keeps beckoning us. It's a family-run business and their care shows. The service is excellent, and Marion, who speaks 4 or 5 languages, is a rip. Pascal, who makes the pizzas, does an amazing job of concocting sublime mixtures of cheese, sauce, and dough to please anyone's palate. And if you have ever thought of traveling US 66 by motorcycle, Pascal shares that dream.

I just had my first pizza at La Romane this season (the family has another restaurant in the Pyrenees that they run during the Winter months) and it brought back all those enjoyable memories for me.

If you're in Sarlat, check out this delightful family run restaurant. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank StillJustJames

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We ate here last night, the food was good value and decent size portions. We enjoyed the food and the waitress was extremely helpful given our limited French.

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Just yum! Really had a hankering for pizza and these guys nailed it! The walnut goats cheese money and ham was perhaps not traditional but so good I wanna go back for dinner tonight

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Excellent pizza's served here and the staff were very friendly....can also recommend the 6 mini item dessert!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had lunch here twice during our stay. The pizzas were excellent as was the salad. It was really good value and the service was friendly and efficient. Our only disappointment was that it was closed on the Monday we left so we couldn't go one final time. Highly recommended!