“Excellent, with a menu offering some delicious alternatives to Perigord Specialities of Duck, Duck more Duck, and Goose”
Review of L Instant Delice

L Instant Delice
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This restaurant, like most in the Perigord, specializes in Cuisine Traditionnelle du Périgord, dishes based on duck and goose. If however these dishes are too rich for your palate, this restaurant offers other options. My choice a dish of Ravioli filled with Cepes was melt in the mouth, delicious. The other diners in our group chose Perigord traditional dishes and were very satisfied also.
English and French menus, English also spoken. Staff were efficient, and attentive without being too intrusive, meals served promptly to all diners on the table. We were among the first diners, it did not take long for both the inside and outside tables to fill, hardly surprising... good food, at a reasonable price, and in a pleasant location.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Since I don't eat meat or fowl, French food is challenging for me. We were happy to find this place with a slightly different menu. I had a very good mushroom ravioli and my boyfriend had cassoulet, which he enjoyed very much. The restaurant is rather small, lively, but relaxed and we had a lovely server. I booked by emailed and they responded promptly.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

In Sarlat almost every restaurant has the same menu, specalities from Périgord. So when you have to decide where to eat (there are lots of restaurants) you try to see where it looks nice. We didn't feel very welcome in the beginning, but once we had decided to sit down we were served without delay, nice presentation and good tasting food with a personal touch. Good value. We recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

We were booked in at another restaurant ( 22 pax) so quite a task getting this organised. Confirmation after confirmation given, only to be told that we had been moved to another restaurant. Once settled, we were welcomed warmly, lets face it, it's a big sale in an out of season time. We all agreed that the entrees were lovely and large enough that many of us struggled with our main course. Most had the goose , which wAs rich and tasty with a nice accompanying salad. Nut tart or apple tart was the dessert. Very nice. Service was quick with the exception of the steak choice , a small delay there. Nice enough decor. Pleasant night, THANX

1  Thank karen m
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We ate here on a rainy night in September. We arrived late and it seemed a little hectic. We felt lucky to be seated as we were the last allowed in. I had my first Foie Gras. My husband had duck confit and I had ravioli with cepes. It all arrived in good time and was delicious. It seems we were the lucky ones that night. We saw one couple turn away their food and leave. Another wished us luck as they left saying they waited a very very long time for their meal. We had no such complaints and would return if we make it back to Sarlat.