“Spectacular Dordogne with a Great Tour Company”

Ophorus Sarlat Day Tours
Book In Advance
$66.86*
and up
Ranked #4 of 11 Tours in Sarlat-la-Caneda
More attraction details
Owner description: Your day trip and excursion specialist in Sarlat. All our tours take place on board comfortable and recent minivans and all tours are conducted by English speaking driver guides. Our destinations include Lascaux caves, Rocamadour, St Cirq Lapopie and many more...
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed in Sarlat for four days, two of which we spent with Ophorus Tours.
We did a half day and a full day tour and both were great and the price is reasonable.
Ophorus Tours in Sarlat have a maximum of 8 people per tour I believe, and this creates a more personalised experience. Our guide, Marion spoke good English and her interest in history and knowledge about the places visited was fantastic. I would sincerely recommend this company to anyone visiting Sarlat.

2  Thank Greg W
There are newer reviews for Ophorus Sarlat Day Tours

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We were able to learn about the pre-history of the region visiting the Pre-History museum, Lascaux 2, and the Grotte de Rouffignac all in one day! It was very easy and convenient to be picked up and driven through the beautiful country side to these fascinating sights. We didn't find our way, work out the timing, or wait in line since the tour handled all the ticketing.
We reserved and paid online in advance so no hassles the day of the tour, and pick up was at the time and place described right in Sarlat.
A great way to experience the local history and relax along the way!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

As someone who was staying in Sarlat without their own transport, I found the half-day Beynac tour a great way to see the Dordogne countryside, and the attractions close by.
Had I known it was possible to pay at the Office de Tourisme beforehand, I think that would have been a simpler option than withdrawing cash on the day, as there is no Eftpos capability on the van.
Unfortunately, because the river was high due to rain, and therefore running faster than normal, it was not safe enough to go on the Gabarre, which was my main reason for embarking on the tour, but it didn't matter, as instead, our guide took us to see Josephine Baker's Chateau des Milandes, with the performance of the birds of prey in the gardens afterwards, so it worked out really well.
The van we travelled in was comfortable, and as it was a hot day, our guide provided us with bottled water, which showed consideration.
Our guide proved very knowledgeable on all aspects of the trip, and this proved a real bonus, adding so much interest.
She was also a very careful driver, so I felt safe at all times.
I felt the trip was really worthwhile, and enjoyed every moment.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

One of the best days of the holiday. Met our very friendly tour guide, Marion at 9.00 and had an interesting tour of the mediaeval centre of Sarlat which happened to be on market day, such a bonus. We drove through stunning countryside to the river and took a boat trip looking at trees, bridges and chateaux and hearing all about the interesting historical characters that lived along the river and in houses cut into the hillside. AS a bird enthusiast I was thrilled to see many birds including Black Kites and a Kingfisher. After this we were driven up to castle Beyrac? and learned of its history and then had a leisurely walk back down the steep cobbled streets to the village. We took a picnic lunch to eat by the river but there are plenty of nice little cafes available. Following lunch we went to see Lasceau III cave, an awesome, incredible experience too hard to describe, this was followed by a visit to the prehistory Museum. Marion was very knowledgeable about the history and prehistory of the beautiful Dordogne area and we enthralled by her tales, explanations and theories. We drove back to Sarlat again through some of the most picturesque scenery in France. If I ever get the chance to revisit the Dordogne area I would definitely do this tour again and ask for Marion who also speaks excellent English.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

A group of four of us took a private Ophorus "all Dordogne in a day" tour on 18th May this year. Our guide/driver was Anne Lise, who we couldn't praise enough. She was charming, spoke excellent English, and was extremely knowledgable about the whole area and the particular sights that we visited, which included the Lascaux Cave, and the Pre-history museum. Her enthusiasm for the museum and pre-history was infectious, and made the museum come alive. In all, a very enjoyable and professional tour that we highly recommend.