“Quality”
Review of Charbonnel

Charbonnel
Reserve with
Charbonnel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 40 Restaurants in Brantome
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2013

our party of 50 had booked tables for theeening meal and it was a success.
Attentive service, good traditional food, nice surroundings.
The main courses were served hot on warm plates, the foie gras was delicious.
This isawellrun restaurant.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

My father took me to this restaurant as he lives in France (near Brantome) and had visited it recently. We have been to some other beautiful restaurants in the area and this is definitely high up on the list. I wasn't too impressed when I first walked in but soon changed my mind.
The manageress is a wonderful woman- very attentive, humourous and accommodating.
The food was lovely and the presentation was exceptional.
We sat outside on the balcony in the summer so had the view across the bridge and the lovely flowers along the balcony and the riverside.
You won't be disappointed here.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My 7 girlfriends and Inwere staying at a Chateau nearby and stumbled across this restaurant. We ordered the 1 entree + 1 plate + 1 dessert for each person and it was incredible! The steak, lamb & fish were all beautiful. And dessert, well that just blew our mind. Portions were big and the flavor was beautiful. I couldn't recommend it more!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I ate at the Restaurant Charbonnel on Saturday evening, it was a wonderful experience. There are a number of set price menus to choose from, we opted for the 54 euro one as my husband wanted filet de boeuf. It was magical, amuse bouche, scallops, langoustine, turbout, champagne sorbet,cheeses that melted in your mouth and all in a light airy restaurant with views of the canal and incredible artwork on the walls. Our waiter was extremely attentive and chatted away to us in rapid French with so much gesticulating that even I who speaks Spanish and German but not French felt I could understand him. It was an excellent evening. The mangeress/owner of the hotel keeps her eye on everything, even remembering the wine we had preferred when in the bar with our friends the previous evening.
To be honest we couldn't fault it.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Impossible to fault. It may have been the last meal- a Sunday lunch- before It closed for a holiday period but you would never have noticed. Inventive, good value, perfect ambiance, Difficult to beat in the area. Don't wait for a special occasion to go here. PS: Special mention for Stephane, our attentive waiter!