All reviewsold millcrepesfamily runlobsterthe riverle moulina wonderful stayon arrivalhotel is beautifultop qualitywarm welcomesea bassfillet of beefsmall giftmoment you arrivethree course mealrustic charm
Reviewed May 17, 2015

You can often give a favorable review but this review goes beyond the normal. The true definition of a fine hotel, Moulin de Vigonac, is its reaction to a time of crisis for
guests. My husband and I had booked a three night stay at Moulin and were graciously received by the management, particularly Oliver (owner/mnager) On our
first night, my husband began to faint for no reason which meant a trip by ambulance to the nearest hospital. Oliver was instrumental in contacting the necessary service and arranged for transport quickly and efficiently. Fortunately, we were able to return home to our doctors, but this required numerous phone calls to cancel hotels, cars, rail passes, taxi drivers and the list goes on. Oliver handled all of this for me during a time of real crisis and he did do graciously and with great care. The entire family and staff were considerate in accomodating every need.

Of course, this hotel is divine and I highly recommend it to anyone traveling in the Dordogne. Make a space in your itinerary for a stay there - you will be delighted.
The restaurant is of such high quality that I am still dreaming abut a couple of dishes
and the wonderful breakfasts. It is right outside the lovely town of Brantome which
abounds with interesting activities and the best part is you are able to return to the
Moulin each afternoon! Lovingly restored by the family using all traditional methods, the grounds are pastoral and delightful- soothing to the soul and eye. Their entire staff was a pleasure particularly David in the restaurant. With Mom and Dad overseeing the restaurant, you will be transported by their courtesy and gracious
hospitality.

E. Thom, Little Rock, AR USA

Room Tip: Above the old mill itself, a beautiful room 'Cassandra' is much recommended for its view of the stream and grounds and lovely decor and space. They do however have other rooms (10 in all) with different prices. We used one of their very good package plans which included room, meals and two activities in Brantome.
  • Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2015

From the moment we arrived we were treated to outstanding service and genuine hospitality. The grounds offer a relaxing and beautiful haven for the weary traveller and the family could not have done more to make us feel welcome. The room was spacious and well appointed but we regret that we missed out on Michel's cooking - a must next time we are in Brantome. The pool was a very welcome relief after a day on the road in high temperatures. Not walking distance to town ( well worth a visit) but, seriously, it did not matter as it is a great place to relax.

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2015

Beautiful grounds and lodgings just outside of town, great rooms and food, lovely proprietors and staff... we had a wonderful stay at this family-owned spot. Though we did not meet Olivier, who was traveling, his mother Giselle was charming and Michel, his father -- also the chef -- is not only a fine cook but also a man of great humor, fun to talk to. The location is convenient to the town and the other sights in this beautiful part of the Périgord. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2015

We stayed at Moulin de Vigonac for a couple of nights over Easter. On arrival we were warmly greeted and were offered assistance with taking our luggage to our room in the Old Mill. Both the room and scenery were spectacular. The room was a generous size and had a sitting area. The bed was extremely comfortable, and of a generous size (super king I believe) with comfortable bed linen.

We had all our meals at the hotel (except lunch) in very pleasant surroundings. At breakfast we were greeted with fresh orange juice, freshly made crepes and fruit salad with yoghurt. Fresh bread with jams; omelettes and hot drinks were also offered. Well worth the small additional charge!

The evening meals were exceptional, with a selection of local produce, excellent wine list and exemplary service.

Room Tip: Select the Mill, and stay for at least 2 nights.
  • Stayed: April 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2015 via mobile

We had a very nice two day stay in a comfort room Giselle could not have been more hospitable and her husband is a good chef.
My only gripe with the place is the cost of eating in the restaurant. My husband and I had one dinner and one breakfast. The breakfast is not buffet but comes pretty much set with eggs to order. Starting with fresh orange juice , a crepe, a basket of fresh bread, croissants jam and eggs to order costs 17 Euro.
My dinner cost almost the equivalent of 110 dollars. I am vegetarian and asked if I could have white asparagus. The dish was great- an asparagus vinegrette this was followed by a truffled omelet. And home made apple pie. Simple fare at a high price. My husband had the menu of food gras, duck confit and apple pie paid much less.
My suggestion is to ask cost if you deviate from the menu
We had spent 290 euro for two nights accommodation but by the end of our stay our outlay doubled!!!!!

Stayed: April 2015, traveled as a couple