“Excellence”
Review of Le Pitt

Le Pitt
Ranked #3 of 210 Restaurants in Arcachon
Reviewed April 23, 2019

We went there 2 days ago to eat oysters. It was recommended by a friend... we were a big group of 9 people and they were able to accommodate us outside... not only is the staff VERY friendly and fun; they explained to us how to eat the snails in a very fun way, we didn't speak the same language but that didn't stop us from communicating excellently and it a very fun way, it was chilly outside so they gave us blankets. The food was very good I never eat oysters but since it's a regional dish I HAD to try it, and they were delicious with the horseradish sauce. We stayed talking to them for a bit. The restaurant has a view of a casino that looks like a castle surrounded by flowers... it was SUPERB! that is all I can say.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed April 13, 2019

We got the last table for 4 on a busy Saturday lunchtime at the beginning of the Easter holidays. Friendly, welcoming service. We had the charcatutie (pate and Serrano ham delicious), a plate of salmon and a bowl of huge prawns (which my Grandson aged 8 loved). Lovely light lunch sat outside in the glorious sunshine. My lunch was accompanied by two glasses of dry white wine. We will certainly be back as the quality and price are hard to beat.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed October 17, 2018

Lovely to sit outside in the sunshine at the end of April and enoy some really fresh seafood. One of my friends ordered the works - a platter of oysters, winkles, whelks and prawns, whilst the other two of us contented ourselves with prawns.
I chose this restaurant on the basis of recommendations and we were delighted with the quality and freshness of the food.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed October 9, 2018

Le Pitt was the first restaurant that we ate in during our three week holiday and whilst one or two others matched it I don't think we ate a better meal. Ordered Oysters, Winkles, Whelks, Prawns and extra Prawns. Also ordered sardines but these were tinned (which the waitress did advise) and whilst ok not really needed. Presented really well and with various breads and sauces to accompany. Considering the prices in most establishments in Arcachon the cost of the meal at around 70 euros, including drinks, was very reasonable. Dog friendly outside. Just inland from the sea front and on the main road. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank jane190734
Reviewed September 28, 2018

This place is great value. Small in size and in menu including wine. It delivers excellent fresh seafood, Oysters, shrimp etc etc with simple well matched wines and service.
Would I go again 100% yes. Parking not difficult and you can choose to sit in or out.

Date of visit: September 2018