“Best Discovery”

Ranked #1 of 184 Restaurants in Agen
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Au coeur d'AGEN dans un havre de paix, le restaurant MARIOTTAT vous presente une cuisine de terroir contemporain toujours avec des produits de qualite, et travaille a la maison, Maitre RESTAURATEUR, Maitre Cuisinier de France. Deux belles salles a manger et un salon prive pour vous recevoir. Une terrasse pour les beaux jours. Acces pour les personnes a mobilites reduites. Pour vous faire passer un moment unique en toute simplicite et convivialite. NOUS SERONS HEUREUX DE VOUS FAIRE PLAISIR.
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

This hidden one Michelin star restaurant has been recommended several times by my boyfriend who, as a surprise, took me there last week with one of our friends.
The restaurant itself is authentique and brought back in good state but with a perfect modern touch on the inside.
The diner was just a living dream. Mise en bouche, pré-entrée... At every dish I became more curious for the next.
"Saveur d'automne" was like a piece of art with perfect mariages between flavours.
The entire dinner can be described as simply delicious, all in harmony and with respect for the used ingredients.
The Chef is more than experienced but remained down-to-earth, his lovely Wife leaded with excellence her staff in the restaurant. This really is a devoted and hard working couple, who put the guest first.
Just an amazing experience and I can't wait to come back for their constantly reviewed menu.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

this is my 3rd time dining at the mariottat, and i have to say i am very impressed with their food and service. It is very addictive.
September 10th , my birthday, my family and i arrived at the restaurant, lovely setting, we ate inside, we went for the 49 euros menu (entree,plat, dessert), we ordered apperitif and wine. The food is always at its best with a lovely presentation. In between meals little amuse bouche and hors d'oeuvres were served. the bread is served in a little box, you have 4 choices of bread inside (beetroot, froment, sesame, raisin) and there comes the butter ! demi-sel butter and seaweed butter, i fell in love with the seaweed butter, it was delicious ! we all fought for it ! By the time the main courses arrived i was quite full but and by the time i finished the desert i couldn't even get up. Before leaving my then-fiance went up to talk to Mme Mariottat and booked the VIP room for our wedding dinner.
September 21rst, we arrived at the Mariottat for our wedding dinner, we were received in the Vip room, very intimate setting. We decided to go for the 49 euros menu for the 6 of us.
Overall we have never been disapointed with this restaurant, the personel is friendly and polite, the service is excellent, the food is succulent. We will definetly come back !

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Agen is a great town for restaurants, and none are better than Mariottat.
Food is exceptional. As is service (although a little cold). But what makes for a truly memorable experience is the unerring attention to detail.
The colour-themed deserts are an indulgence, but more for the chef than the diner ... a forgivable extravagance given the many other pleasures.
Food value is good, but not so beverages: €70+ for champagne; €7 for water; €8 for coffee; pah!
Overall: recommend; definite revisit

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have at last been to the Mariottat! My girlfriend was visiting from Scotland and as we had both turned 60 this year, we decided we needed to go somewhere special.

Recent reviewers have already described the "starters" which are previous to your ordered starters and these are wonderful tasters.

The four different bread rolls - warm in a box - were a wonderful taster, and as described, in detail, by the waiter, with two different butters.

We went on a warm summer's day, sat outside in the garden. I had already cleared the entrance of my Scottie dog and she was welcomed too. The tables were well spaced and the garden was interesting with candles and lights in the trees - would love to come here in the evening just for the ambience.

The whole meal was quite an experience, well described in French by the waiter/waitress and finished off with the theme-coloured desert - I had the yellow. Coffee was an extra but came with "lollipops" of nuts, and various other tasters, including a palette refresher which I think was a kind of tea.

The only niggle I had was that the waiter served us wine whenever he passed. As we were aware that our rose bottle was €27, we had to be careful that we didn't run out of wine too early. But as it is considered impolite for ladies in France to serve themselves, this is a minor criticism.

I'm really glad that I have now had this experience and hope it will not be too long before we do it again.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Lunch in the garden at Marriottat is a lovely experience. You know you are in for a treat when the amuse-bouche has four elements, not one. All the food is fresh and delicious. The service is friendly and perfect. The bread and butter alone were worth the price of the lunch. And don't hesitate when they ask you if you would like coffee after your dessert. The coffee comes with so many special treats (and 6 euros added to your bill -- but it's worth it!)