“nice and comfortable, but...”

Hotel Restaurant Spa Verte Vallee
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Munster
zur yigal
“nice and comfortable, but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Let me start by saying the hotel is very nice and comfortable, clean ,quiet and inviting. I have two warnings, though. Even though it states on its entrance that there is free wi-fi, we couldn't get any. And when I went down to the reception to ask about it, there was another gentleman there who was complaining about the same issue, for the second day, so... figure it out yourselves. My other warning is the restaurant. We had to eat dinner at the hotel, because of the rain, and it was too expensive and did not deliver. It looks posh and so are the prices, but we ate better food in small restaurants on the streets of Alsace. But the rooms are great!! and in June, it was not pricy at all.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet, even those who face the parking lot, like the one we had.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

Surrounded by a park on the edge of the town centre, with a very classy feel to it and clean, modern rooms, this hotel was excellent. The restaurant is fantastic - do visit it - although the breakfast is expensive and nothing special.

• Stayed June 2012
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

The hotel reception staff were very friendly. I wasn't too happy with our room (quite small) and asked to see another. They gave me a key to check out the next price category but after looking at it I decided that it wasn't worth changing just for one night. That room had a view of the park but didn't have a balcony.
I also had problems getting Wi Fi access on my Ipod and a receptionist took time to help me. Unfortunately it still didn't work and they offered to let me use a computer.
There was a little wait to be seated for dinner at the restaurant entrance as it was very busy. Luckily we had a reservation. The restaurant staff were all very friendly and attentive. The wine list was extensive and well-priced and there was a Sommelier on hand to help us make a good choice.
The breakfast was good- a buffet. Although the hotel was quite full, the wait wasn't too long and the staff were quick to bring us hot drinks.
Tip- bring some flip-flops or hotel slippers for use in the spa. They have white robes in the bedrooms to wear down to the spa but no slippers.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 4th floor and despite over-looking the car park it was quiet and had a view of...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SwissW
France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2010

I have stayed several times in this hotel under both owners. I found this time that the food had greatly improved and that in fact a stay at this hotel is good value for money. It is comfortable and rather cosy for a hotel that has about 100 rooms. The staff who work in the spa, the restaurant and the housekeeping are very competent, friendly
and hard-working. The reception staff on the other hand are very mixed, one of them is downright unpleasant (unless you happen to be a good looking young man) and one or two of the others are not very efficient. I had no telephone service in my room for most of my stay but this seemed to be treated very casually. There is one nice lady there however called Joanna and a man (I don't know his name) both of whom manage to answer questions without making the guests feel that they are unworthy of their time. This is a real shame for this hotel and as the problem is common knowledge even amongst the other staff I am surprised that the owners do not do something about it.

In summary the good things about this hotel far outweigh the possible problems with reception staff and I would recommend anybody to go there for a quiet break in a pleasant atmosphere.

I was met at the train station which I very much appreciated.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
4 Thank amateur2urist
london
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2008

have been staying there a few times and got married there. Came back for christening. While the hotel has a lovely location and good food, I was appauled with the customer service. Cannot praise the food and beverage staff enough but reception staff is not good at all. Keeps insisting to put my sister in law and her partner in twin room when I several times mention by phone and at the desk to put them in a double room to avoid embarassment in front of family. I had to change the reservation twice: and put again in twin room NOT GAY FRIENDLY!!!!
Did not advise me that some of the party guests were too loud but instead gave us dirty looks throughout the stay. Consummed a lot at the bar hotel, tipped the bar staff to keep open but on check out were accused to have stolen a bottle of champagne from the minibar. ( we had 20 bottle of champagne on main bill and had taken none from the mini bar.....not that one more, one less would have made a difference, just for the principle!)

We would have returned for the food, staff, location, but the way we were treated left a bad taste in our mouth. All my friends are either general manager, head concierge and front of house managers in 5 star hotel in London...we have a clue or two about customer services.

I wrote a letter to them with all my concerns and never got a reply....how professional is this. Mrs gauthier should also stick to floral arrangement instead of trying to do a pathetic attempt to greet guests at a busy breakfast, could do better at smiling....

Stayed April 2007
4 Thank sonysony
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munster
Hotel Spa Restaurant Domaine Du Moulin
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,053 reviews
Le Grand Hotel de Munster
Hotel Restaurant Panorama
Hotel Restaurant Aqua Viva

Been to Hotel Restaurant Spa Verte Vallee? Share your experiences!