“Exceptional local cuisine”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
London
“Exceptional local cuisine”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

We ate here on a recent day trip to Mulhouse. The staff could not have been more helpful-explaining to us in English the three special dishes of the day which enabled my husband to try something new. He chose a delicious savoury roulade made with a variety of meats rolled with a light pastry, bistro cooking at it's finest and so nice to have something from the area which you have never heard of before. My salad of goat's cheese coated with almond slices and lightly fried was also very good. A local aperif with chestnut liquer was recommended and much enjoyed by both of us. Altogether an excellent lunch at a very reasonable price with a relaxed atmosphere and excellent service.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Susan K

Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice food - Great atmosphere - Nice staff”
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We went there with family for a sunday lunch, the food was really nice, the atmosphere and decoration is cute and you feel really well. The menu is a mix of tradition and modern cooking, the deserts are a treat! I would really recommend this place!

• Visited December 2011
Newcastle, Australia
“I cannot imagine how this restaurant is rated 2 on Trip Advisor!”
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I never write bad reviews because I don't like to harm businesses but if I can rescue only one person from eating at this restaurant I would like to do so. On the basis of Trip Advisor reviews we had an evening meal here in October. My partner's rognons were served almost raw and my special chicken dish seemed like the small pieces of chicken had been boiled in something for hours as they were as tough as rocks. The chicken was swamped in a creamy mushroom gravy that tasted like it had come out of a can. Worst of all were the spaetzli - indigestible lumps of fried dough. The potato cakes - roesti - were nice and so was the waitress. We were in France and Italy for 5 weeks and this was the only bad meal we had.

• Visited October 2011
6 Thank Jill G
Sydney, Australia
“Very cute!”
Reviewed May 30, 2011

We came here for lunch due to its high rating on Tripadvisor, and were absolutely delighted by the experience. The tiny bistro was packed with locals and everyone seemed to have ordered le menu du jour. The price was reasonable for the quality and quantity of food you get. The decor was irresistably cute - that alone was worth the visit!

• Visited May 2011