“Excellent Holiday Inn - wish USA ones were this nice!”

Holiday Inn Mulhouse
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Mulhouse
Chicago
“Excellent Holiday Inn - wish USA ones were this nice!”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I have been staying in Holiday Inns cross Europe (booking easy to do), and this one is very convenient to the highway on the west side of Mulhouse. It is in a shopping plaza so took a bit of work to figure out how to get in parking lot. The GPS had it right, just the small exit ramp seemed odd so passed it up and had to go around. So, the tip of the day is yes, the small exit ramp after the traffic circle is right.

It was super hot during our visit and unlike many other hotels cross-europe, the air conditioning was fantastic (and this is to western standards - that means really good!).

The rest of our stay was fantastic, we ended up staying two nights to regenerate ourselves.

Great service, great rooms, great air conditioning - it does not get better then this for us!

Mike

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Holiday-Inn-Mulhouse, Responsable réception at Holiday Inn Mulhouse, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Mike,

We thank you to have taking time to share your experience in our establishment.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay.

We wish to see you again at holiday Inn Mulhouse maybe this time when we have snow...

Holiday Inn Mulhouse team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Seattle WA
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Needing a roadside hotel for one night on my way to Switzerland from France, this fit the bill as a clean, new, efficient, comfortable hotel. I’d echo the challenges voiced by others in finding the place. My rate as a walk-in seemed high ($162, or 118 euro, with tax) for the basic room. The room was compact, well designed, and it’s best feature was the refrig/coffee cabinet. No view, looked out at another building -opposite. Generally I had a favorable impression. The lobby has a small bar, and there were a few restaurants very close by. I parked for the night out front where there was plenty of free parking and it seemed safe, to me. Skipped breakfast, as it was not included and expensive.
Having been at the hotel all of 10 hours, I checked out at 7am when the night clerk was still on duty. He accidently added 80 euro to my bill, charging my credit card. The fellow didn’t know how to correct this, saying it would be fixed when the manager arrived at 8am. He said they’d send me an email that morning to confirm same. I waited, and waited, …..
Actually, it took seven days for it to be corrected! Such a simple task.. In addition, they kept a 150 euro block on my credit card for 10 days after I checked out. It took several email exchanges with their accountant to get it all squared away. This SHOULD NOT BE NECESSARY. I suggest they provide better training to their staff and work on their accounting practices.

Room Tip: The basic room is well designed, just a little tight for more than one person.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Holiday-Inn-Mulhouse, Responsable réception at Holiday Inn Mulhouse, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear GrantGustafson,

We thank you for having taken time to express your opinion on our establishment.
We regret that you do not have totally appreciate your stay in our establishment.
As you said our night auditor made a mistake we are very sorry about that.
Like you can understand the account manager is the only person wich is able to refund money on credit card and unfortunetly it take a little bit time. We are very sorry about this inconvenience.
About the 150€ block on your credit card it is the standard procedure of a garanty when you book a room.
We present you again our appologies for your bad impression at departure.

Holiday Inn Mulhouse Team.
Zug, Switzerland
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Hotel in a convenient location for highway access, however not in a very attractive location. Hotel inside is nice and well maintained. As the header already says, one of the few hotels with airconditioning (that works). I stayed only one night, but rooms are very comfortable and it is quiet in the night. Breakfast room is spacious and bright, very nice. If you want easy access to the center of Mulhouse maybe not the best choice.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Holiday-Inn-Mulhouse, Responsable réception at Holiday Inn Mulhouse, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear AlvinZug.

We thank you for taking time to give your opinion about our establishment.
We are happy that you have found what you was looking for in our Hotel.
We wish to welcome you again.

Holiday Inn Mulhouse Team.
uk
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Arrived at Hotel, I guess it must be an up and coming area, its not that great at the moment!
Hotel looks new, staff very pleasant on arrival an got room upgrade. Later went to bar for a drink, again staff pleasant enough, although the bar seems oddly placed in a small reception.
Room great, and comfortable, quiet.

No English speaking TV channels other than BBC News!! Although this isn't unique to this hotel.

On reading other reviews on here, went to look at receipt. Charged €16 for a breakfast I didn't have, so would suggest you check your bill carefully before paying.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mulhouse, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Durham_Bloke_UK,

We noticed your review regarding the Holiday Inn Mulhouse. We are reaching out to you on behalf of InterContinental Hotels Group or IHG, representing the Holiday Inn brand. We appreciate you bringing your concern to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

We have documented your comments under reference number 48921094, and are investigating the situation. However, before we can continue, we need some additional information. Please send an email to IHGCare@ihg.com.

Please include:

- The name the reservation was under as well as confirmation number, if possible.
- The dates of your stay.
- What action has the hotel management taken to resolve your concerns? Was the breakfast charged already settled?
- Your IHG Rewards Club number (If applicable)
- Your contact information including your name, phone number, email and mailing address.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write your review. We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin Gacad
eMedia Coordinator
Reference # 48921094
Texas
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Arriving at the Holiday Inn took some doing. Although it is seen from major thoroughfares, it is not easy to reach. The modern styling is clean and attractive. From the moment we entered, the service desk treated us friendly. Although we spoke little French, they accommodated us well. Each time we went through the lobby, we were greeted with a smiling face and friendly "Bon Jour". The breakfast bar was also amazing. The wide selection pleased everyone in our group. From the first day, the staff talked about the breakfast bar, after eating there, I now understand why. Typical of European hotel, they are sticklers for two people to a room. We had to pay extra for our teenage son, who stayed in the room with us.

They proudly display their Trip Advisor rating award, which told me that they listen to the feedback. From that moment, I knew that they would take care of our needs. We stretched them a little out of their comfort zone with some special needs, yet they were very pleasantly accommodating.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank AdmiralJeff
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Handy location from Italy to Holland. Pretty new hotel, clean, but our non-smoking room was smoked. They did argue a bit, but then decided to give a new room. This should not have happenend. An illegal smoked room should be cleaned much better, curtains and such. And don't argue with customers please.
Breakfast was ok, restaurant hippo around the corner is great.

• Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mulhouse, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear PaulusTrip,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Kindly accept our sincerest apologies for the unacceptable service you have experienced with the staff and unusual smell of the room. Please be assured that we treat this matter seriously and actions will be taken by the management accordingly. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with exceptional service.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
A Hillside In Wales
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The hotel is located out-of-town near a fairly large shopping area and a number of businesses.

The building and decor is lovely but our stay was seriously marred by the welcome - the receptionist carried on chatting on the telephone without acknowledging us at all (it definitely was just 'chatting', my French is good enough to understand what is being said) and by the bill presented to me on leaving.

The invoice charged for breakfast, which we had not had.

The receptionist was insistent that we had eaten breakfast - I won't do a 'word for word' breakdown but the experience was not pleasant.

A lady was finally called to check the invoice, I think she was a member of the restaurant staff - she elbowed me out of the way, looked at the invoice, stared aggressively into my face, turned back to the receptionist and confirmed that I had not had breakfast, upon which the receptionist told me that as I had not had breakfast I could go.

My overall impression of the hotel: They employ people with no manners and don't train them to do their jobs properly.

It wasn't all bad. The room was delightful and the meal we had from room service was tasty and delivered by two very pleasant people but I would not return. I don't expect to be overcharged and spoken to rudely and accusingly when I am speaking the truth.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mulhouse, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear groeslongirl,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am truly sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G