“Great Food and Excellent View”
Review of A Furana

A Furana
Reserve with
A Furana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 215 Restaurants in Porto-Vecchio
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Discreet restaurant in little street in the Old Town of Porto-Vecchio
London, United Kingdom
“Great Food and Excellent View”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The food here was excellent and we were well looked after. I can recommend the risotto with gambas and the tuna tartar for entrees!

Visited August 2013

Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Great views overlooking the harbour.”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

A popular busy restaurant and it is easy to see why. We booked and asked for a table by the window, which afforded splendid views over the harbour and marina. The menu was 22 euros and we had stuffed calamars, tatin de pomme foie gras, magret canard and lamb, one glass of champagne, a beer and 50 cl of house wine so quite reasonable at 73 euros. The staff are very friendly and the food was good and as described.

• Visited May 2013
Grenoble, France
“Lovely restaurant”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My husband and I were at this restaurant last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Situated in old town Porto-Vecchio, the restaurant is part of the old gate (south?). So, the atmosphere is romantic, soft. Unfortunately I was unable to sample the selection of Corsican wine as I was pregnant however, there did appear to be a variety of choices. For the entree, we had the aubergine(eggplant) and calamarie. While I wasn't crazy about the calamarie (served a bit cold) the aubergine was nice. For the plat, (main dish), we had St Jaques (scallops with risotto) and millefeuille au rouget (cuddle fish with a light pastry wafer) and wow, both dishes were exceptional. The tastes were complex and the amount was perfect. Desert was another treat. Fondant au chocolate and pain perdu (like French toast but with cream pears and a vanilla sauce). Delicious! Our server was professional, attentive and friendly. With these dishes, a beer, sparkling water and two coffees, the bill was 89€. Pretty reasonable I believe. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for any staying in the Porto-Vecchio area.

Calgary
“Lovely restaurant”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Used to be great...is no longer”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We discovered this restaurant six years ago and loved it. Four years ago it was still good. We went last week and should have known with the lowered menu price the former quality would not be there.
I have never ever salted food in a restaurant until this visit, the risotto had absolutely NO flavor. The meal left us severely bloated and uncomfortable. We will not be going back.

1 Thank Kc27mn