Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Ajaccio Bay
$401
Motel Le Rivoli(Porticcio)
A Casa Bianca(Porticcio)
1,427 results
All reviewssea viewkids clubmusselsbreakfast buffetinfinity poolseaside locationloved our staystaying at this hotelevery eveninglunch or dinnerpay the extraexcellent pooli'm gladmemorable stayfabulous hotelbunk bedsmediterranean sea
Reviewed July 9, 2013

From the outside a bit austere modern building, but once inside you find excellent service and wonderful rooms with a lot of space and nice views over the bay of Ajaccio. Room decoration makes you relax inmediately with no more urge to go somewhere else. Great beds and bathrooms, different colour schemes and all with a very clean, modern feel and look. For the children their is a great attraction for a bunk bed mounted in a closet, which gives them (and you) privacy as they never had when staying with their parents. Friendly and helpfull staff all around, except for the hostess at the restaurant which found it very impossible to find us a table with less sunshine, when the restuarant was still completely empty before dinner (and stayed half empty still by the time we left just after 9 pm). Excellent breakfast buffet and a great pool area with a very nice (french) kids club and separate pool for the younger ones. Excellent for a few days when on tour, but I would not recommend it for a full 14 day holiday as you will run out of options of things to do - unless you don't want to do anything in the first place.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The hotel feels new, modern and welcoming. We stayed in a business room with sea view. The spa facilities were very good with small pool, massive wet hot steam room, dry sauna and small gym, access included in the business room rate. The beds were very comfortable. Bedroom had a large LCD TV on the wall with ALL HD TV, Radio and Movies on demand (all free!). Free WIFI available in the room. Breakfast was good, with lots of options both hot and cold. However if you're a tea drinker like me, you'll be disappointed with the lack of boiling water and weak tea bag.

The only negative I have to say about this hotel is its proximity to the main road directly in front of the hotel, which is in constant use. Also the expensive bar prices; 33cl bottle of beer = €7.00. Evening meal in the hotel cost €40.00 per person excluding drinks.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the sea view, otherwise you'll be positioned at the back of the hotel overlooking the car park. You really could be anywhere in the world with that view!! Don't accept rooms 146 or 246 as these are the only rooms positioned next to the hotel's boiler chimney. You too will be woken in the night wondering what the noise is!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank funnyhands
Reviewed July 7, 2013

As a family we had selected the RB in Ajaccio almost by coincidence, not having done a lot of research before our trip where we were staying 8 nights in Corsica. As the RB was our choice we were obviously very anxious to see it as we checked in, arriving late at night when it was all dark out.

As a hotel, the RB did not disappoint us in any aspect (I have stayed 70-80 nights in hotels each year for the past 18 years). The (sea-) view was fantastic. Our business class room on the top floor was quiet and relaxed, had great service items (including a Nespresso coffeemaker with a selection of coffees), great internet speed, good selection of TV-channels, great bathroom and items, etc. The touch of luxury comes in when the personnel makes your bed at night and leaves a little snack behind, a snack that changes every night. Great for the kids!

My wife was particularly impressed with breakfast, which, despite some other reviews here, was plentiful, had a great selection of items, and also a make-to-order service. The fact that some items are not the same every day is not a flaw, it is by choice. We did not have lunch or dinner in the hotel, but chose nearby restaurants for this.

We did not at any point have any issue with service, hospitality, friendliness of staff or otherwise. I was very pleased to be able to store my bike in the luggage room instead of in the car or in the room, and I was always able to get to and from it at any time.

The pool area was great, large and spacious, and sunbeds were plenty. A strange anomaly is that you are handed a card at check-in that you can exchange for towels at the pool. You have to deliver this card back at check out in order not to be charged €25.

Beds and sleep quality was perfect. The kids got their own little room/bunkbeds/area in the hall, which they liked very well. The master bed was fantastic.

We would definitely want to stay in this hotel again if in the area.

Room Tip: Definitely choose a room with the sea view, and business class if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank anders_lokke
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Well, I am very dissapointed with the services at this hotel, as I would expect much more from a 4 stars hotel.
1. Security: Even the first time I entered the hotel I was practically able to go anywhere ( hotel parking, swimming pool, all the hotel floors... etc) without identifying myself or anybody asking me if I was a client of the hotel.
2. The gym is not included!! Is a paid service included only with the bussiness rooms. I was given a "hillview room" (also known as "parking lot view room") so no gym. I dont care so much for the room as I dont spend much time inside but nowadays the gym is available in every 3 stars hotel. Its very awful as i have never seen this before.
3. Wireless internet: for free bit every 30 mins you have to insert again and again the username and password
4. No welcome, no explanation of what is available in terms of services... Nothing. Poor treatment from staff.
5. Breakfast: quite small areas dedicated to this with anoying queques to get a juice or a piece of bread.

Apart from this, I have to admit that the rooms are very nice, and the quality of materials inside is high.

Please excuse my grammar and other language mistakes as I am writing from a mobile device and English is not my first language.

Regards,

Bogdan

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We staid at this hotel for night. Room was not ready before 6pm on our day of arrival. No excuse from the staff and little explanations. Room is otherwise very nice, big and the babt set-up was just perfect. However you have either a view on the car park, or on the sea but with a road between the hotel and the sea. We would not go back in this hotel.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family