See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 12, 2018

This hotel is done up like a private home furnished with antiques. The rooms are large, as are the bathrooms which have been completely redone. There are two stand-out features: the private hotel beach and the fantastic restaurant with its terrace overlooking the sea. We had an evening meal here which was excellent. The service was good, the food was good and the atmosphere was outstanding. It's obviously a bit of a go-to place for locals looking to celebrate a special event. It's not cheap but worth it.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank IviBee
Reviewed July 13, 2018

We loved staying at Le Maquis, our room was beautiful with a great view of the water. The food in the restaurant is very very good. Service was exceptional. Not one thing went wrong or was not right. We were there for two nights with 9 other couples, we almost had the whole hotel. Everyone was thrilled with the choice of hotel. The pool is very nice too.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charliep57
Reviewed June 13, 2018

First, the hotel is first-class in terms of service and accommodation. It's a bit dated, which is why I call it "classic" -- which is only to let the reader know that the hotel is not modern in the sense that it was not remodeled last year -- not to say anything negative about the hotel. The accommodation is perfect in my view, the restaurant is nice, the service is great, and it has a fairly nice beach and of course crystal clear water. It's about 20 minutes from the Ajaccio Napoleon Bonaparte Airport, not a difficult drive at all.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank WSThompson
Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

If you are the sort of person that likes a modern sterile Sofitel, then this is not the place for you. It is old world charm, service and refinement. I loved my stay here from the wonderful view from my room to the small caring touches of the staff. It manages to marry the warmth and comfort of a family home with the efficiency of a 5* hotel, and full credit must go to the staff for this. Direct acess to the beach from my room was a big plus. Dinner in the L’Arbousier was excellent and good value for 85€.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank William Nigel M
Reviewed May 15, 2018

I stayed here with my office collegues for a day in april and must say its quite a cosy hotel with excellent food.The service is quite personalized and rooms are functional in nature.I am sure this must be a very popular with romantic couples !

Room tip: lower fllors ahve direct access to the beach
Date of stay: April 2018