“Excellent lunch”

Ranked #9 of 138 Restaurants in Calvi
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

During a recent holiday to Calvi we spent a very pleasurable lunch time at this establishment. We took advantage of the 3 course set menu at 19 Euros. It was excellent. The service was very welcoming and efficient too. Please be aware that they do not take credit cards, which we were informed of before ordering. The fayre is Corsican and of an extremely high quality. I started with a fresh Salad of cold meats and cheeses and my partner, the cold meats and pate's. One of which was 'Blackbird', a local speciality. Not something we had experienced before, but quite tasty. We both then enjoyed the Wild Boar with Polenta. This was really delicious, served in a large frying pan, straight from the oven for us both to share. Dessert was Cheese Board with more crusty bread and local Fig jam. For me, home made Cheese Cake with whipped cream. All washed down with a splendid Pichet of local Rose wine - a 50cl jug for only 7 Euros. Very good value indeed. I would highly recommend this Restaurant. Watching other dinners, there were many other tasty choices on the Al la Carte too. Check out the toilets, as they are 'fun'.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

We wanted to have something simple and based to TA reviews we went to A Piazzetta. Location is interesting, on a small square. Decoration of the restaurant is also interesting, The menu is not long, and you have the opportunity also of the corsian menu. We rather tried spaghetti with langoustines and spaghetti with gambas. Both were tasty, though in my opinion spaghetti with langoustines was much better (you get approx 10 langoustines). That was mostly due to the tomato sauce as the spaghetti with gambas had quite heavy cream sauce. We payed 60 eur in total for two persons including wine.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Very nice place, very cose and relaxed at osphere, friendly waiters and good food! So I would really recommend going here. Go before 8pm to prevent waiting, even in May :)

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The owners of this restaurant have moved about 50 metres north from their original establishment which was on a flight of steps between the two busiest thoroughfares in Calvi.With twice as much space they are still very busy serving mainly traditional Corsican food of high quality.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We went here and were very impressed. It's another very popular restaurant, slightly tucked away from the center but the terrace is nice and seats a lot of people. We didn't have a starter because I intended to have a desert. We were served the huge lamb dish, which arrives sizzling and your knife and fork isn't needed as you need to use your fingers to gnaw at the bones. I was very pleased that I didn't have a starter and as there was so much lamb I couldn't eat a desert. We went in the 3rd week in September and although we got a table easily at 7.30 it was very full by 8.30 pm. The service was also good and quick at this time of year

1  Thank Alan B