“Lovely meals”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We ate here three times on our two week holiday. Even though it is very busy they have what seems like a very good system going for seating and serving customers. I loved the lamb kebabs (well cooked) and my other half liked the wild boar stew. Overall I would suggest here to eat. Prices are similar to all other restaurants in Calvi and the atmosphere is lively but nice .

Reviewed August 13, 2012

A nice, bustling outdoor restaurant in the centre of Calvi. Try the €20 3 course menu for great value or the paella - both good.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We had a nice family dinner at Santa Maria restaurant. The place itself was not specifically modern or fancy, but the food was really tasty and the waiter was friendly and charming. The prices were moderate and the place offered good value for the money. No need for reservations. The atmosphere was more inviting than the place next door and it was comfortable outside under the canopy. Go try it out!

Reviewed June 26, 2012

My husband and I ate at Santa Maria during our week stay in Calvi. We ate at one of the outside tables in front of the church. The food was nothing special and a local band with 2 accordion players began to play on the steps of the church. It was not our kind of music and we would rather have had them stop playing. Instead, one of the band members came to each table and asked for donations. Later that week, the jazz festival started. We really enjoyed the roaming jazz bands. The waiter at Santa Maria was very friendly and the service was very good. Unfortunately, the food was not.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

We were three and all had the menu at about 20 euros, including 2 dishes and a dessert or cheese. My fish soup was flavorless and looked like it was diluted with too much water. My 'fish of the day' (Saint Pietre) was also tasteless. My partner said his 'ravioli au brocciu' were the best he had in Corsica. Also my friends 'brochette d'agneau' (lamb skewer) was good. Reasonable quality/price ratio, very nice location in a nice little square, for average food which you'll easily forget