“Would go back tomorrow”

Marcos Village Hotel
Ranked #31 of 42 Hotels in Ios
“Would go back tomorrow”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Markos village is located perfectly if you like the town life!! George and Maria are the most frindliest owners I've experienced in Greece!! The cannot do enough for you!! Good rooms, cheap cocktails and if you get to know the barman Giannis he is such a nice guy and he knows of the best Thai resteraunt in iOS because his wife owns it!! Will deffinently be back! Thanks Markos village for the great experience!!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank aspina-aus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed August 28, 2013

First off, I'll start this off by saying I'm a 23-year old girl who was traveling with a 23-year old guy friend. That being said, I was absolutely blown away with Marcos Village.

We booked it on a whim after looking at a few reviews and hearing a friend say it was worth booking. We came in looking for a fun, exciting, relaxing 3-day vacation trip while finishing out a long 2 month stay in Greece. I was immediately impressed at Marcos by when stepping off the Ferry I immediately saw a huge sign for Marcos Village and a cheery Yiorgos. There were a few of us on the ferry all heading to Marcos and immediately we made friends with some other young international travelers.

We arrived at Marcos to be pleasantly surprised at the pool and bar area as well as the double private room that me and my friend got together. For $32 euro a person, it was a bit steep, but I still wouldn't have gone anywhere else.

The rooms were nice and clean and air conditioned. The staff was wonderful and accommodating. The location THE LOCATION was absolutely perfect. We were a $1.50 euro and 5 minute bus ride from the beach and a 3 minute walk to the bars/nightlife.

This may have been just when I was there but the people were absolutely amazing staying there. They were all young, fun, and exciting international travelers. We would hang out every night by the pool and drink at the pool bar and then head to the bar scene later. We met so many amazing people that we still call friends today.

If you are a young traveler looking to meet people, enjoy your time, and stay out late, I'd recommend Marcos. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Ios.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Alexis B
Naples, Italy
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The place is beautiful, big clear rooms, pool, friendly staff, central position, in fact is situated in the centre of chora (the village) so it's close to the many clubs and discos... but it costs about 20€ per night, that is good for who is on holidays, but is too much expensive for who works in Ios

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Pierluigi93
Bilbao, Spain
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Markos Village is the place to rest in Ios. I just can say good words about it. The location is perfect. Markos Village is situated in the middle of Chora, a few steps away from the Fun Pub the new Scandinavian restaurant, ATM machine, supermarket and the bus stop (way to Mylopotas or Yialos Port). All the bars and pubs of the amazing nightlife of Ios are just in front of the hotel (2 minutes walking away). Free picking up and dropping off from the port. The rooms are really clean, cozy and confortable (A/C, TV, and fridge included) and the view of the sunset over Chora every evening from the balcony of your room is incredible. No words! Markos Village has free wi-fi too and a wonderful Swiming Pool Bar to rest during the day and to meet new people. Really good social atmosphere.
I kept the best of Markos Village for the final of my review: THE STAFF. George, his wife Maria and Giannis are extremely friendly and helpful. They will make you feel at home. Any question or any suggestion you need, no doubt, ask them and they will try to help you. I just can say them: thanks for everything and see you next time!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank susomckahan
Aberdeenshire
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Pros –
• Great location, two minute walk from all the bars and the supermarket
• Lovely pool and sunbathing area
• George is really attentive – our toilet seat was broken when we arrived and within two hours he had a new toilet seat and had fitted it for us
• The guy who’s wife works at Thai Smile (sorry I cant remember his name!) is really nice for a chat

Cons –
• I felt the hostel could have promoted things to do on Ios more than they did. We were told about no attractions other than the main beach. We only found out about manganari beach from other guests (who had not been, but had heard of it) and when I asked Georges wife about it she said it was a must see and that there were regular buses every hour. My boyfriend and I arrived at the bus stop to find out that there was only one bus a day to this beach which was really disappointing as we could have made it , if we had been told the correct information. George also described it as “the most beautiful beach on the island” so it is a shame that they did not advertise this in the hostel.
• Although this hostel appears sociable, we found it hard as a couple to “fit in” and found it quite cliquey. A lot of other guests were there in groups or were staff that had come from various countries to work in Ios for the summer.However, all the groups seemed to socialise well when pre-drinking so I think its more of a "group friendly" hostel.
• We had a room at the back of the hostel (possibly room 18..I cant quite remember) and we found the hostel behind (hotel sunrise) had a REALLY loud bar and really loud guests. This is obviously no fault of Marcos but just be aware that if you go to Ios it is a party island and if you want to sleep its not always easy! The bars don't open til 12 in Ios so everyone tends to pre-drink in their hotels til about 1am or later so it can be pretty loud between 12-1.30 especially. We really enjoyed going out in Ios but we couldn't afford to go out every night which is why we had this problem. If you intend on going out every night then you wont be affected by this!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Great location 20 second walk to the city. Pick ups and drop offs make it easy as. Owners and staff are all great, super friendly and they go out of their way to help you and point you in the right direction. Awesome pool area with a bar which is the perfect place for some afternoon drinks and warm up drinks before going out. Great place to stay would highly recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed May 2013
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We turned up at Marko's village by mistake as we could not remember which hostel we were booked into for the 3 nights we were planning to stay in Ios. We ended up staying at Markos even after we realised we were at the wrong place(ended up staying for 3 weeks). This place is the place to stay in ios for sure. So close to the village and bus stop across the road if you don't want to walk the 15m walk to the beach.
George was such a good host and dropped us off at the port when we were leaving.
Would definitely stay here again. some of the craziest and best weeks i've had.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends