“martin & nora dublin ireland”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Brothers Hotel

Brothers Hotel
Ranked #1 of 44 Hotels in Ios
Dublin, Ireland
“martin & nora dublin ireland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

We have been travelling to Greece for the pas 10 years and have stayed in all levels of accomodation , from Hotels to Apartments ,to pensions , but our stay at Brothers Hotel in Ios was the best we ever stayed at . The combination of friendlness and the professionalism was excellent . Niki and Lisa could not do enough for us ,the rooms are spotless and the Breakfast was excellent we give Brothers 10 out of 10

Room Tip: ask for a pool view
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank martin h

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Greek first
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

Best Hotel ever! It is the second time we went there!You're feeling directly like home. Niki and Lisa are always there for you, they help you in every kind of situation. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. It's a family running Hotel and your feeling like you are part of it from the first minute on. We recommend it to everyone! The place to be in Ios!!!!!
Hugs Alina, Charlotte and Clara

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
7 Thank Clara G
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

Brother's Hotel in Ios left me absaloutely speechless. The rooms were beautiful and very very clean, the pool was stunning and overlooked a glorious backdrop, but by far, the most amazing thing about my stay at the hotel was the staff. Nicki and Lisa are the friendliest, most accomodating people I have ever met and are the reason that I will travel back to Ios again and again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
7 Thank Marina T
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

I stayed here for two weeks during my R&R while serving in Iraq and I couldn't have picked a better location. Aside from how absolutely gorgeous the island was, it were the hotel owners Nicky and Lisa that really made my experience there everything it became. I booked the hotel not knowing exactly what date or time I'd be arriving- They were understanding and told me they'd be down there to pick me up regardless. I had to mail some things home before I left - Nicky packaged them up and drove me to the post office early in the morning. They'd drive by me while I was walking from Brothers to the village and offered me a ride despite the fact that it was late and they were going home. On the way to the ferry at the end of the trip Nicky bought me a coffee and we sat and chatted before I left. It was all these little things that sold me on the experience. It's rare to find a hotel that offers this kind of hospitality but if you include the nightly rate you won't find one anywhere. The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful with the gardens, pool and landscaping, even the rooms were exceptionally clean. I made friends and went out at night with many of the other guests who were all from different parts of the world. Everyone who stayed there was very friendly. I can't say enough great things about this place and I now hold higher expectations for future trips. One last note- I will never again have a better club sandwich than Lisa's, which you can get at any time during the day.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
8 Thank Steven K
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

We really loved the place. Yes it's a five minute walk to the harbour but that's no big deal and they kindly picked us up on arrival and dropped us back for the depature. Really peaceful spot and the pool is lovely. Lisa and Nikki were great hosts. The rooms aren't exactly luxurious but they were spotless. An absolute bargain of a place.
It's a good workout to get up to the Chora so if you aren't fit or are intent on simply clubbing every night in town then this probably isn't the place for you.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank JimmyAFCB
Athens, Greece
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

Nice familiar hotel, clean , but the location is very bad. And when I called for details the owner didnt say how far is was from the main street and the port.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
6 Thank m_i0s
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

The warm welcome and tranquil setting make arriving (and staying) at the Brothers a great holiday experience.Nicki,Lisa and family are very friendly (and professional) and the comfortable rooms are kept spotless by the daily cleaning.The pool area is great for relaxing and catching the Ios rays.The busy port area is a level seven minute walk through rural scenery (liked the donkey on the way) and there is a constant stream of buses to the main town Chora (5 minutes) or the numerous beaches.There was an amazing array of yachts in the harbour but this seemed to have little effect on the laid back atmosphere.You can actually swim and sunbathe at the port beach, which is okay, if feeling lazy.Other beaches such as Maganari or Mylopotas are as good as you`ll find anywhere in sothern Europe.Enjoyed the trip to Maganari on the orange boat from the port.Great scenery on the way and a fabulous beach (if a bit windy) on arrival.8 euros return.Tourists are made to feel welcome in the Cyclades and I can`t wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo