“Great getaway and value for money!”

A1 Princess Sissy Hotel
Ranked #41 of 42 Hotels in Ios
“Great getaway and value for money!”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I stayed at Princess Sissy for 4 nights and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. There was someone ready and waiting for me at the port and was promptly checked-in by the owner Nikos - a very friendly and hospitable man who showed me to my room and told me about the area.

The hotel is roughly a 3 or 4 minute walk to the port/beach and around 5 or 6 minute walk from the main town where all the bars, clubs and restaurants are. I found the location pretty good but it would have been perfect if it was just a tad closer to the centre as it was incredibly annoying walking down heaps of stairs at 4 or 5am. But on the other hand, this was handy as it meant a quiet night's sleep.

I paid 11 Euros per night for a dorm room but instead was given a twin en-suite room. I'm not entirely sure why but I think it was because a bigger group was taking up the dorms...who knows? Anyway, the room was very clean, had A/C, TV and came complete with linen, towels, soap, etc. Unfortunately the wifi connection did not reach the room and the toilet would run with water for hours after flushing it (which was a bit annoying at night).

Internet and computers were available at reception, breakfast for 5 Euros and there were also safety deposit lockers free for use. However there were a few annoyances in that the lockers were quite small and wouldn't fit my lap top, only Nikos held the key to open them and reception was closed between 3.30-6pm so tough luck if you need to access your locker then.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay at Princess Sissy and although I cannot comment on the dorms, 11 Euros a night for the room I received was a real bargain. I would definitely recommend the Princess to families, friends and solo travelers to Ios. Party on and good luck! Thanks.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We got the free pick up at the port in spite of not sending the advice previously.
Room was clean and comfortable (a little bit too hot maybe but I must confess I had an excellent sleep). The balcony wth table and chairs and the view were spectacular.
Manager Nikos was very kind.

Location is very good, 5 minutes way up to downtown where you can take the bus to the port or the beach.

What I didn't like:
1- we were charged 7,5 for 2 coffees and an orange juice (too exp).
2- internet didn't work.

Anyway, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Nikos, the owner, was so friendly from the very start. We didn't get a chance to contact the hotel and ask to be picked up from the ferrie, but he was there waiting for us anyway! The rooms are clean and all the facilities are amazing, especially for how little we paid. Great place to stay, as the village is 5 minute walk, and main beach is a 5 minute bus ride from there. Recommend Princess Sissy highly, I would stay here again for sure if i ever make it back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank 0Nathan
Manhattan, New York, United States
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Friendly staff, beautiful hostel style rooms plus a bar downstairs to get you started!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nicolas F
Athens, Greece
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We absolutely loved our stay at the Princess Sissy hotel in Ios. The hotel is very close to the centre of town - only 5 minutes walk. Perfect for enjoying the night life! The hotel itself was lovely and the rooms were very clean and very bright. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. We recieved free transfers to/from the port and also free baggage storage. The hotel offers a great english breakfast for only 5 euro and also has a fantastic bar downstairs with happy hour every night! I recommend this hotel to both families and young people looking to party. Loved it so much that I am already planning to return!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Everything Princess Sissy advertises is false or is misleading.

1) The showers are never hot and often turned off when it was still on

2) They offer air conditioning for 5 euro per day although the room we stayed in didnt even have a fan.

3) Port transfers are not free, we organised to be picked up but when we got to the port no one was there.

4) Manager Nikos and staff are all really unfriendly and unhelpful.

5) Internet is one of the facilities advertised on hostel world and hostel bookers although it was only when we had purchased a drink or meal from their bar that we were welcomed to use it. After theyd given us the wrong menu and therefore a meal that we didnt actually want, we were told to move on and not use the internet.

Its not in a good location

If you want to stay in ios- book ahead and find something way better for a better price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank kash037

Travelers are raving about these Ios hotels

greece
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We asked to be picked up from the port on arrival as they offer free pick up and drop off! It offers free pick up and drop off at the port supposedly! No one was there and a lovely lady who owned Hotel Rita picked us up and then rang the proprietor of Princess Sissy. He came and gave us some ridiculous excuse that he had picked up 4 people and thought it was us. (If he had 4 people who were going to the hotel and he had them, he should have worked out that he would have had 4 more booked as well, which makes 8!) Therefore, it was a bad lie. When we asked to be picked up to leave for the port, he did not turn up. Also, you are charged extra for airconditioning. The rooms are tiny and he is a very very rude owner. I would never would recommend this hotel (if you can call it one) to anyone else. Don't bother wasting your money. He doesn't help you in any way shape or form. Never again!!
I wouldn't bother putting him on the website as a choice. Rude individual.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family