We (me and my girlfriend) were in Kritikakis in July 2013. Highly recommend Ios and Kritikakis village!
Kritikakis village is near Port. But really near, maybe 5min walk. It is also 5min from the port beach (Yialos/Gialos) which is beautiful and completely satisfying even to spend all holidays there. But if you like to change beaches and don't want to take a reantacar (as two of us:)) there are several public buses from Port (5min form Kritikakis) or some of them stops in front of Kritikakis (buses for Chora-Mylopotas, Kuambara..). There is also a small beach Tzamaria (half way to Kuampara beach), nice for evening (having in mind it doesn't have sunbeds and sun umbrella) and you can even walk to there from Gialos (5min) or take a bus (1.6€ in one direction).
Prices of bus tickets:
- to Kuampara, Chore (Village, center), Mylopotas 1.6€ in one direction
- to Agia Thedoti, Psathi 2.5.€ in one direction
- to Manganari aprox. 3€ in one direction
If you are interested for visits to Chora or nightlife (which is mostly there) you have buses until 23-24h to there and back and if you want to walk you need to walk for aprox.15min on stairs that leads next to Kritikakis to Chora. It is not so easy :))) but I guess it is healthy walk :).
Hotel has a nice swimming pool, free wifi and we had free air condition :)
Rooms in Kritikakis are nice, big and comfortable (see pictures). We were couple and we got extra bed :)! Hot water and water in general is always provided and room service is daily which we appreciated. Our room had a small kitchen with basic things you need if you wanna cook in the room. In front of room is small terrace with sun umbrella and nice view, we liked it :) especially in the morning (shadow side in the morning) and sunset in the evening :))
Owner is Greek-American, communicative and friendly. Everything we asked they helped us or gave us advice and information we asked. When we complained about absence of room service one day they solved it quickly and room was cleaned when we came back. In general, great people and no any bad sides of owner and personnel!
So, in general, great place and be free to stay in this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kritikakis Village hotel is conveniently located in the bay of Yalos that is ideal if you wish to have easy access to the hustle and bustle of Ios village but at the same time you would rather be safeguarded from noise and overcrowding when at ‘home’. If you are a family, a couple or a group of friends that wish to balance your holidays between fun and relaxation, our hotel strikes that perfect balance between exuberance and serenity. We are located only a five minute walk from the port of Ios, with the beaches of Yalos bay, just a breath away; restaurants, bars and all essential amenities found almost at arm's reach at the neighbouring port of Ios and easy access to Ios village, Kritikakis Village holds a magnificent strategic location. The hotel will be an exceptional starting point for you to discover all the gems of Ios island while its reclusive ambience will wait for you to retreat to an atmosphere of guaranteed relaxation. We look forward to welcoming you to Ios and our hotel ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Kritikakis Village Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.