“An incredible group of people” 5 of 5 bubbles

Meltemi Dive Centre
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in Ios
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We are the ONLY school in Ios, that is offering both SSI and PADI training up to and including Instuctor level located in the amazing resort of FAR OUT. Meltemi Dive has the latest state of the art equipment, highly qualified teaching and support staff and prides itself on safety.
Brisbane, California
“An incredible group of people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Helpful, safe, and fun. You really need look no further to get excellent service, and a whole lot of laughs. I worked for a huge dive company in Mexico. I was on a small trip through the islands and only happened to be carrying my perscription goggles by chance, and decided on a dive. Best decision EVER! The professionalism, warmth, and vitality of the staff is like nothing I have ever seen. I look forward to working here someday.

Visited June 2013

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Toronto, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“The place to be trained.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

I did my instructor course with Meltemi Dive Centre in October of 2013 and will say that I am incredibly happy with the certifications I received alongside the training. Not only is Kate very hospitable, down to earth and most of all incredibly caring about her students/Instructor Candidates but herself and her husband Jason that run the Dive School have a very hands on approach to the industry and take pride in each and every student/Candidate they have come into the school. They make the courses interesting but most importantly FUN, Would definitely reccommend any one to Meltemi dive centre whether you are going simply to get your Open Water Certificate or you want to go completely pro changing your life for ever with a dream job. Meltemi is definitely the right choice.

Silver Spring, Maryland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great dive center”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We are certified divers who were just looking to squeeze a dive in while we were in Ios. We ended up going with Meltemi and it may be the most professional dive shop that I have ever dived with. When we first spoke with them, they told us that they would not take us out the following day because the weather was not going to be good. (That turned out to be very true, and not every dive shop is so responsible!) We scheduled for the day after that. I don't know if they can do this during the high season, but they were willing to come pick us up at our hotel and drop us off after the dive. The dive itself was great! Visibility was good, there was an interesting shipwreck, and all-in-all it was a nice, calm dive.

Katherine even gave us a restaurant recommendation that turned out to be one of the top two meals we had on Ios.

Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Highlight of the Greek Islands”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We did our open water qualification with Meltemi Dive Centre and it was fantastic! The staff there were all so friendly and helpful and all went the extra step for us - our instructor, James, took us out and showed us around Ios town and they were very supportive of a fundraising campaign that I am a part of. Long story short, the campaign 'challenge' is to wear a schooldress to raise money which is used to provide girls in Africa with an education, so they can wear school dresses as well. We did our final dive all wearing school dresses - including James!

Highly recommend it to anyone, amazing professional but fun staff, beautiful location and beautiful dives as well. Dont miss it!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Best group of people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

The people running meltemi dive were super friendly and extremely nice. I turned up with less then a day left in ios wanting to just do a beginners dive and enjoyed it so much i decided to get qualified. The staff were so accommodating and helped me squeeze the course into the small amount of time i had left. They even lent my girlfriend snorkelling gear for free so she could come along with us. As a bonus the equipment was excellent, it's really high quality gear that experienced scuba divers use and it makes the experience so much more enjoyable.

Visited September 2013