“No Floor Manager available!”

Premier Inn Swanley Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Swanley
Reviewed November 21, 2011

In general ok, clean and functional with good floor staff in the restaurant area and good bar staff. The cleaning staff are wonderful, cheerfull and do a fine job.
The steak was very well done on the 1st night of Nov 17th so we avoided it on the 2nd night of Nov 18th. The food on the 2nd night was acceptable and all of us enjoyed it.
Senior staff prefered to dismiss any query or comments inclusive of a NO SHOW following a request for the floor manager to see us in relation to closing the bar promptly for the second night running without asking our table if we would like a final glass of wine.(We did not wish to drink copious ammounts as we were a large family group socialising quietly however our evening ended quickly even though there were many lads at the bar drinking pints.)

26  Thank Christine1992

Reviewed November 21, 2011

Family room, 2 adults and 2 children.
Good clean room, and very modern. A bit over priced for the level and comfort level of the room. Attached Beefeater is very nice.
However Beds are very poor. At least our double bed was. Mattress was cheap and budget. Could feel springs poking into me the entire night.
Also no staff at reception in the afternoon. Had to stand around for 12min until someone arrived to check us in.

6  Thank MrP_Taylor
Reviewed November 11, 2011

We booked a table for an evening meal while staying with family in Hextable and were very very disappointed. Four sirloin steaks were ordered, and when asked how we wanted them cooked, we asked for 'Medium'. One of my grandsons had to send his back because it was virtually raw, my husband's was only cooked on the top and raw underneath. Mine was edible and so was my other grandson's. The chips were warm and soggy and the onion rings were doughy and tasteless. My youngest grandson had to have two children's spaghetti bolognaise meals because they would not do an adult's one and we had to pay for two. He left half of it because he said it was cold. My daughter and son-in-law said their meals were just about edible. We called the Manager to show him the undercooked steaks, bearing in mind my grandson had already sent his back once but it was still not cooked properly, but he didn't seem too bothered and commented that ours was the first complaint he had had that evening, which made us think they must get many complaints about the food. He offered to take the two undercooked steaks off the price of the bill. When the bill came, however, the two steaks had not been taken off the bill and we had to call the Manager again, who presented us with a new bill minus the two sirloin steaks. We will definitely not be visiting the Bull Beafeater Restaurant again. They had the cheek to offer 'bottomless chips' yet we didn't even eat the chips we already had! All the waitresses were polite and friendly but the managers seemed to have a 'couldn't care less' attitude. We would suggest they employ someone who can cook properly!

It's a shame we didn't know about the Chinese Restaurant down the road!

411  Thank Sandygranny
Reviewed November 9, 2011

The first night I had a room that was at the end of a corridor, with a constantly slamming door and got a terrible night's sleep. I tried to invoke the "good night's sleep guarantee" but I haven't received any money back.

At breakfast the top plate on the pile was obviously still dirty. Closer inspection reveled they were all streaky. I informed a member of staff who reacted quite negatively and only washed a single plate for me.

On the plus side, the rooms were clean, the second room I had was not too noisy and the bed reasonably comfy.

Price wise, though, I had not paid a budget price and for value for money it was very poor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the end of a corridor - the doors slam quite loudly
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
86  Thank Emma S
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Having stayed at 7 different Premier Inn Hotels, this one was the best i have stayed in as it was a brand new hotel, big clean and comfortable room and very modern.

24hour Reception - Friendly staff who explained the hotel and breakfast times etc

Room - Double Bed, Table with lamp, Samsung 22inch Tv with Remote, Tea, Coffee etc - Beware no telephone

Car Park - Free with plenty of space shared with the Beefeater next door.

Breakfast - All you can eat in the beefeater.

Paid £39.00 and had a great stay - Looking forward to my stay next month in Manchester.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Richardn06
Reviewed October 18, 2011

It was a clean and comfortable room and very modern. I would stay in a Premier Inn again based on this experience. The venue was accessible from railway station or there's a bus service nearby.
Breakfast was good. I enjoyed the continental breakfast and my husband had full english.
We had a room with bath and shower which worked very well.
Although you could hear people in other rooms it wasn't excessively noisy.
The lady on reception was very pleasant on our arrival.
The hotel is extremely secure which was a plus point as you have to use a keycard to enter the main door of the hotel and individual rooms.

Room Tip: Not sure as our room was of good standard.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Reviews91
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Stayed here as it was handy for a wedding venue. I tried to book something higher grade. The price paid was £59 - pay on day price. It was not the most amazing bargain and I was not looking forward to it. But this was better than the last budget hotel (Ibis) I stayed in. The bed was great - best selling point. Room was functional with a good bathroom with quality products. Breakfast was excellent for the price - cooked to order hot and excellent choice of continental. Staff were friendly, vending machines useful. All in all I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LondonDiT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swanley
Travelodge London Sidcup Hotel
Premier Inn London Orpington
Mercure Dartford Brands Hatch Hotel & Spa
Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford
Premier Inn London Sidcup
Premier Inn London Sidcup
#360 of 1,081 in London
Holiday Inn London-Bexley

Been to Premier Inn Swanley Hotel? Share your experiences!