The few bad reviews from members are about location but I think it is the hotel's location that makes it so special.
Rooms are large and clean. Services is good and prices are reasonable. Breakfast and other meals are very good. However Thailand is full of hotels that offer this and it is the extra that Horizon brings to the party that sets it apart.
It is a good distance from Chiang Mai but we never had any problem in getting tour operators to pick us up. I wouldn't have thought that a hotel closer to Chiang Mai could have boasted botanical gardens and its own zoo.
We spent 5 nights at the Horizon - the first was after a day's travelling, the second was after a day's touring and the third was after a day with the elephants. After all these we were glad of the peace and to eat at the hotel. The forth day was a chance to lounge around the pool (choice of 3) and explore the gardens and zoo. I rate the chance to hand feed deer, camels etc. higher than being closer to night life. I might have felt different if the restaurant was rubbish but it wasn't. That night we caught the shuttle bus into Chiang Mai and had plenty of time to have something to eat and visit the night market. The next day it was touring again and we ate at the hotel.
We were sorry to leave to continue our travels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Horizon Village & Resort is a resort which is situated in 115 acres Botanical Garden. We located in Doisaket area which is far from the city for 10 km. The Unique Selling Point of this property is the Conference in the garden with the capacity of 3,762 sqm which are 2 Grand Ballrooms (Ceiling high 6.5 metres and 10 metres) and 15 meeting rooms. The maximum capacity of Grand Ballroom is 800 pax. The Accommodation 209 rooms coming with the Lanna style which we have 4 different types of Lanna. Moreover, our resort has various activities for the guest to enjoy for example riding a bicycle , paddle boat, swimming, visit the Lanna Museum , feed the animal in the Zoo, Thai massage or even get into the Hot air balloon which we receive the license to be the only one balloon port in Chiangmai! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Horizon Village & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Village And Resort
- Horizon Village Hotel Chiang Mai
- Horizon Village & Resort Chiang Mai Province/Doi Saket, Thailand