Review Highlights

from $31.76
from $27.03
from $50.68
More Info
All reviews local market cooking class cooking school organic garden thai food recipe book chiang mai cooking experience four courses food was amazing his wife stir fry small group fresh ingredients amazing experience rice fields take home
Selected filters
Reviewed June 5, 2019

If you come to Chiang Mai, Da's Cooking School is a must! My husband and I were so impressed with the experience. The classes are kept small so it's more personal, you get to go to the market to pick out ingredients and Da has his own garden on site that everything else comes from! The level of excellence was outstanding, even down to the way the plates were decorated with garnish for the food we were cooking. They included hotel pickup and drop off, and even have wifi at the cooking school (which is located 15 mins outside of time in a beautiful place)! Doesn't get better than that! This was such an amazing experience and we are so glad we chose Da'a School which came highly recommended.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed April 2, 2019

Da's cooking class was a wonderful experience! Da is extremely knowledgeable and very warm and welcoming. The class is completely tailored to each individual person and everyone can make different food (which is unusual). Da takes his time with everyone and does not rush the class or the meal. This was a wonderful/fun night and I would definitely do it again!

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed January 22, 2019 via mobile

Came here on our honeymoon and it was the best thing we have done since coming to Thailand. This place is incredible and the food was amazing. It’s more than a cooking class, it’s a glimpse at farm life in the North of Thailand. Truly a once in a lifetime experience. DEFINITELY COME HERE!!!!

Reviewed January 12, 2019 via mobile

Da’s Cooking School was a great time with friends where we were able to cook traditional Thai food in a beautiful atmosphere. It’s on his farm where he has a great garden that he took us through and explained all the herbs, fruits and vegetables growing. He picked us up at our hotel and brought us to a market where we walked through the market with him as he bought ingredients that we were going to be cooking with while explaining the different foods in the market. The actual cooking was such a fun experience and they all tasted delicious. Highly recommend as a fun experience with friends or family.

Reviewed January 7, 2019

I never cook. I don't like to, I don't have the patience, I'm not good at it. This was easily THE BEST thing I have done on any trip I have taken the last few years. It was so rewarding that I could look at what I made and think... I did that!! and it tasted good!!! There were only 4 of us, they took us to the market and went over products and then we went through the home garden and also got a tour and a taste and smell of the local products. The instruction was awesome and as bad as I was, he was patient and helped me figure out what to do. Must, Must, Must do!!! and if you need a place to stay in the country... ban chunsongsang home stay.. its 200meters away.