Review Highlights
Very authentic and fun!

We couldn’t be happier that we found Da’s cooking school - it was probably one of our favorite... read more

Reviewed June 11, 2019
AndGuyer
San Francisco, California
via mobile
HIGHLY recommend!!

If you come to Chiang Mai, Da's Cooking School is a must! My husband and I were so impressed with... read more

Reviewed June 5, 2019

from $31.66
from $26.95
from $50.53
More Info
All reviews local market cooking class cooking school organic garden thai food recipe book chiang mai cooking experience four courses food was amazing his wife stir fry small group fresh ingredients amazing experience rice fields take home
Selected filters
Reviewed January 7, 2019

I never cook. I don't like to, I don't have the patience, I'm not good at it. This was easily THE BEST thing I have done on any trip I have taken the last few years. It was so rewarding that I could look at what I made and think... I did that!! and it tasted good!!! There were only 4 of us, they took us to the market and went over products and then we went through the home garden and also got a tour and a taste and smell of the local products. The instruction was awesome and as bad as I was, he was patient and helped me figure out what to do. Must, Must, Must do!!! and if you need a place to stay in the country... ban chunsongsang home stay.. its 200meters away.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed December 23, 2018 via mobile

This has been the highlight of our family’s five-day stay in Chiang Mai. Previous reviews say it all, but if you’re looking for an intimate, farm setting cooking/dining experience with a small group or family — this is it! Every single dish was delicious and beautiful. We can’t say enough about our time with Da... only that we wish we could have stayed longer. Absolutely wonderful experience!

Reviewed December 16, 2018 via mobile

Our visit to Da’s farm was such a special way to spend the afternoon and evening. After some time in the busy city, Da picked us up in his truck for a wild ride to a market on the outside of town where we shopped for some ingredients. We soon made it to his rural home, where he has created an incredible spot for cooking classes, situated over a pond with the garden nearby. We cooked four courses with just the perfect amount of instruction and were amazed at how delicious they all were! Da is a very sweet, soft spoken man who truly enjoys what he does. It felt like an authentic Thai experience as opposed to many of touristy cooking classes we passed by in Chiang Mai. Da even gave us a cookbook with all of the recipes so we can continue Thai cooking back home. Highly recommend this experience!

Reviewed December 14, 2018

Small group cooking class but not expensive :)
I really enjoyed the atmosphere of Da's garden and class.

Reviewed November 13, 2018

Our family of four met up with Da for a wonderful day of cooking Thai food. Da took us through the market and educated us on Thai ingredients, then on to his beautiful farm as we picked fresh produce, and then we prepared 4 different Thai dishes (each!) and enjoyed a feast--the best Thai curry I've ever tasted! We left with a lovely cookbook and Da was even kind enough to drop us at the airport. We can't thank Da and his family enough for this wonderful cooking class and their above-and-beyond care and hospitality! What an incredible experience!

Date of experience: June 2018