“Alittle story from the kid from the block.”

Lemongrass Cooking School
Ranked #10 of 14 things to do in Doi Saket
More attraction details
Owner description: LEARN AND ENJOY THE SECRETS OF THAI COOKING, FOR LESS THAN THE COST OF A RESTAURANT MEAL BACK HOME. We at Lemongrass Cookery School strive to provide you with the skills to reproduce delicious Thai dishes. This is done in exceptionally clean and pleasant surroundings in just one memorable day. Your perfect souvenir from Thailand.
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Chef Jiab, aka my sweet and talented mother, is a great chef and host to any event. She cooks everyday and is known to be the best thai cook among the families and friends. So you're wondering if the school might be a place for you to enjoy a soothing day without the need to worry and the chance to learn a few tricks in the kitchen with an additional of great company. Well, look no further cause this is it.

1  Thank Johnny J

Reviewed April 24, 2013

My partner and I had the pleasure of attending the Lemongrass Cooking School. We were impressed from the second we got there. They have a beautiful setting with an immaculate outdoor cooking area. The warm hospitality of Jiab and Michael was incredible.
Chef Jiab was very prepared. Everything was clean, organized and well planned. They even provided sun hats for when we were out in the garden learning and selecting fresh herbs for our meals. Jiab was very knowledgeable, fun and friendly. She made the experience a complete joy.
Once our herbs were selected, we went back and Jiab washed the herbs in preparation for use.
They provided cold water and a fan to make me comfortable in the heat. The meals were delicious in every way and Jiab explained everything as we moved through the task. She was clear and very easy to understand. Michael gave us an enjoyable tour to show us some of his antique collectables which was also very interesting. Coffee in the outside coffee gazebo. Everything was so worth the small token we paid to attend. They picked us up and took us back to the hotel, they provided all the food and beverages, they welcomed us like one of the family.
I will definately recommend this school and will hopefully return one day to visit and learn some more from Jiab and Michael.
I wish them great success with this venture..

2  Thank Maubfree
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I Thoroughly enjoyed my day at the lemongrass cookery school. it exceeded all my expectations. Chef Jiab was so patient guiding us through each dish and the setting and ambiance were stunning. Jiab and her partner Michael were great hosts and went out of their way to make us feel welcome and take care of every need. When I finished the day a mango and sticky rice washed by a cold Chang I didn't want to go home!

1  Thank malsheeran
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was very fortunate to be able to spend a day at the Lemongrass Cookery School Chiang Mai.
I loved every minute of it - it's a perfect place to learn about Thai cooking methods, different spices, plants and vegetables, to spend time with wonderful people, not to mention great meals in a gorgeous outdoor kitchen.
Chef Jiab - is kind and knowledgeable, and everyone at the villa makes you feel at home.
And there was a desert that she prepared for us, it sounds so simple - mango with sticky rice - but in fact, the process of making rice is rather complex.
I would definitely recommend this school to everyone visiting Chiang Mai.

1  Thank Natalie-SaltLakeCity