“Nong, I miss you ALL so much!!”

Ban Chunsongsang Home Stay
Ranked #2 of 16 Doi Saket B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 15, 2011

We started mailing Nong a couple of days before our travel. She was very helpful and she even helped us booking our bus-train tickets through. After a day-time spent in Bangkok, we took the plain to Chiang Mai Old City and as Nong wrote us that her place was not available for 2 days we stayed at another hotel. After 2 days she came to fetch us. Staying in a traditional thai house was our dream and Nong and her family from Ban Chunsongsang Home Stay made it come true.

First of all, if you have a mood that cannot fency the beauty of the nature and the kind-helpful smiles surrounding you, stay somewhere else! If all you want is a Jacuzzi bath, and if you mind a few bites on your legs when you forget to use the repellent or the beautiful crow of the roosters just at the back side of your villa, stay away from Ban Chunsongsang Home Stay. So, please, do not occupy this lovely place from people like us whom can enjoy it!!!

So close to the town!! And please make sure Nong will solidly do her best to arrange your transport anytime. She is also great at giving best advices about your travel around and the tours you are planning to take; she is one tiny but sharply smart lady (indeed she was) whom you can expect strait to the point logical answers.

Home Stay had internet cables everywhere, but we had our galaxy tab-phones. She saw it, she focused on it and one day later she bought the wireless rooter!! Just like this, so easily. She was busy with another customer and we needed a lift, uppps, there comes 2 gentleman on their motorbikes in 2 minutes. You feel a bit weak and there comes your ginger tea with lime and honey. The food you is is Home Food. Not like a hotel service. The leadies are so sweet and mom-style. Her husband is so heartful and ready to help with a big smile on his face. We met families with kids and the kids enjoyed the place so much!

Nong "arranges" things, makes her best effort to fulfill your needs very smartly and very-very kindly. Okay, I have to confess; If Don't know how to ride a bike like I do (come on, I skated all my childhood and did not need a bike!!) No problem; she/her husband/her mom are there to teach you!! LOL. ( I caused some serious laughter problems, I know) She was there pushing me from my back to teach me how to ride a bike, her husband trying to stop me from falling. I will come back and finish the biking course, make it sure! :))))

Finally, I felt HOME, thousands of miles away from Turkey. I cannot thank enough for the hospitality they showed me :D Finally, the VIP bus to Kanchanaburi she advised was GREAT, It was the best bus travel we had it was even more comfortable than flying!!

Coming to Thailand, interested in A traditional home stay??
Love the nature???
This is the right place for you :)

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank SedaDemirel

Reviewed November 29, 2011

We stayed 8 days and really wanted to stay longer just because we adored Nong and Koko. My family and I felt like one of the family whilst there. They always went the extra mile. Nothing was ever a problem. Even down to Nong before even arriving organizing an itinaray for us , with us telling her what kind of things we would like to do. We had tears by all of us when we had to leave. Highly recommend for anyone.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Bbaker76
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Nong and Koko made Thailand our dream holiday. Nothing was ever too much trouble, they organized all our actives and tours for us and they treated our 3 children and ourselves like family. The 'Moonlight beauty barn' that we stayed in was a beautiful 2 bedroom Thai bungalow. It had it's own fully contained open roofed bathroom with two showers, all built 7ft up in the air on big stilts with a lovely hand carved staircase leading down to a paved open air retreat below. We dined on Thai food every night from the awesome selection in the in house menu and never needed to go anywhere else to eat. The whole experience was just so easy, so comfortable and so friendly. When we left there it was like we were leaving family behind. We will be back for sure.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Shindigmist
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I will definitely recommend this place to anyone, who is looking for a quiet, calm and relaxing place to stay away from the city and awoken in the morning by roosters and birds.

The hosts - Nong and Family are really nice, friendly and helpful helping us book activities and tours, as well as picking us up even late at night.

Given the chance to go to Chiang Mai, I would stay there again and explorer more of the activities around.

Reviewed October 26, 2011

Thks to Tripadvisor, i found this gem and fell in love with it. Only 20 mins away from the bustling city, very easy to get around with the great help of Nong.

I Love...
the hosts - Nong and Family are Super extremely Fantastic, informative, nice, friendly and speak great english
the huts - cozy, clean, comfortable, innovative with the self-invented "Air-condition"
the surrounding - peaceful, educative, interesting with the dogs surrounding barking sound system

Overall - Very lucky to locate Ban CSS and will definitely go back again for my next trip. This homestay is NOT TO BE MISSED and they are probably one of the best homestay owner i ever met. There is no better way to know more about Chiangmai other than staying with the locals. Sweet little touch in the hut will brighten up your day...

3  Thank Mogorical
Reviewed October 26, 2011

The stay with our family ( 3 young children) in this friendly home stay is still often in my mind. If you dont need luxury, but looking for an really-thai-good-feeling than this is a wonderful place!!
Just an half hour from the airport in chiang mai (they can pick you up) and you are in a very quite place with little village-life and beautiful handicrafts. The tour on the bike was safe, quite and very nice. The massage was lovely and the owners are really friendly and hepfull. I hope I can visit them again in my life.
Saskia Lagerwaard

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SaskiaL1970
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Well, simple and very humble people those who run this cottage like hotel. Excellent service and very very friendly owners as if I was in my own home among my own family members.
If someone likes to wake up early morning this is the place to be as there are different types of birds start to crow, coo and chirp in amazing tone. This is just marvellous! To me it felt like I am in some parts of Amazon but in fact I stayed close to a beautiful city.

I recommend this particular place to those who loves mother nature and enjoys the company of beautiful people.
Love you Koko and Nong and above all friendly people of Chiang Mai.

Room Tip: If you love the sound of music i.e. sound created by the wild birds then .........