“Great place and wonderful hosts”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Holbeck
Brown's Old Orchard Cottage
Ranked #1 of 1 Holbeck B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 16, 2013

If you have read the other Trip Advisor reviews for Browns you will know what to expect - stylishly decorated, well appointed rooms, charming hosts, peaceful environment, historic breakfast, proximity to School of Artisan Food etc. It's all true! Joan and Robin welcome you to their lovely part of the world with genuine warmth and go out of their way to ensure that your stay is enjoyable. We stayed in Garden Room 3 and were lucky enough to be there during some spectacular summer weather so were able to sit out on the deck and enjoy the wine we'd brought with us (and some of the things we'd made that day at the SoAF). As we'd come by train, Robin kindly drove us to and from a local pub (for far less than a taxi fare), he also dropped us off and picked us up from SoAF. As we'll be back to SoAF we'll also be returning to Browns and will be looking forward to both.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We have travelled all over the UK stopping in numerous hotels and B&Bs along the way and never have we rebooked before we have even checked out, but with this venue we wanted to make sure we could stay again as soon as possible, so we are booked in again for next month.
It surpassed ALL expectation. Such a peaceful place to unwind and relax and the attention to little details in the room were lovely. Wished we could have stayed for a whole week.
The local pub Joan and Robin recommended for food, Elm Tree was also amazing. We highly recommend the award winning burger and fillet and have also rebooked a table when we are back at Brown's.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tiggertiggertigger
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Had a wonderful surprise when I arrived at Brown's B&B. Nestled just off a small rarely traveled road, is the picturesque cottage and garden. I was warmly greeted at my car and shown to my room, which was separate from the main cottage, in the beautifully converted cow shed. My accommodation consisted of a entrance area, large airy bedroom (with 4 poster bed), and a spacious bathroom. Everything was immaculately clean, and welcoming. Robes and slippers on the bed, White Company bath and body products, biscuits and an assortment of chocolates and sweets were unexpected, delightful extra's. Outside the room was a large deck area with tables and chairs which, had it been sunny would have been the perfect place to linger over your morning coffee, or a glass of wine. After a good nights sleep I tucked into a exceptional breakfast. I ordered the eggs Benedict, which turned out to be made from local eggs. The Hollandaise sauce was perfect, the eggs rich in flavour, and the smoked salmon was excellent. And if this was not enough there was cereal, yogurt, fruit, toast and jams on offer. I could not praise Joan and Robin highly enough for their friendly and welcoming manner. They even booked a table for me at the near by Elm Tree pub for my evening meal. The only negative comment I could possibly make is that one night is not long enough to get the full enjoyment of a stay at Brown's B&B. I am looking forward to taking another course at The School of Artisan Food, so I can return to Brown's B&B, and it will definitely be for longer.

Room Tip: All rooms are separate from the main cottage, and provide spacious, private accommodation in a quiet...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay at this wonderful B&B. Joan made us very welcome on arrival and our fabulous room was nice and warm with an electric fire on standby if we needed it, and it was very cold outside. We have stayed in some establishments where the room being cold has been an issue! We were in Garden Room No3. It was beautiful. Lots of pillows and cushions and the bed was extremely comfortable. Nice touches like plenty of choice of tea and coffee and lots of different biscuits. Also bottled water and sweets! Joan also insisted on us having a flask of fresh milk every day for our drinks which was lovely. The breakfast on both mornings was delicious and served up so beautifully I thought I was in a 5* restaraunt. We were served at our table with fresh fruit juice and cereal before the main course. Everything was served up so professionally and nothing was too much trouble. Both Joan and Robin are brilliant hosts and I would definately recommend this B&B to anybody.

Room Tip: I spoke to other guests and they all said that their rooms were lovely
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is more than a B & B. From the moment we arrived for our 1 night stay we were treated to an absolutely 5 star experience. The welcome is warm and friendly, the accommodation is sumptuous and the breakfast is Michelin star quality. It's no wonder they have won so many awards. Well done and keep it up. Cant wait for our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for a weekend in April. The owners are extremely friendly and helpful, they arranged a taxi for us on our second evening as we were attending a gig and they also booked us a table for lunch at the nearby Elm Tree Inn (which is also a must! we had 2 meals here and they were both superb). Our room had an enormous Superking sized bed, the little extras of bottled water, biscuits and sweets were a welcome treat too. Breakfast was delicious, we loved the attention to detail of our breakfast table each morning...it's the little things that count. You feel well and truly spoil and looked after at Browns. Location was great for spending a day at Clumber Park and another day at Creswell Crags and the local countryside. We both agreed we would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend. Thank you to Robin and Joan for your hospitality.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed here for two nights but would have stayed for longer if I could. I went on a course to Welbeck College which was only minutes away and the Browns Orchard Cottage proved to be an ideal place to stay. Extremely comfortable rooms and can honestly say I had the best nights sleep for ages. First class breakfast too with a fantastic choice. Joan and Robin run an impeccable establishment with much attention to detail evident.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Brown's Old Orchard Cottage? Share your experiences!