“Fantastic!”

Villa Sungai
Whitland, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

What an amazing place to stay. So luxurious and back to nature. I was very impressed with the service provided and all of the staff were very friendly. The bed was extremely comfy and I loved showering outdoors!

Room Tip: Both bedrooms are great!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
PMH01, Owner at Villa Sungai, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your first stay with us Emily albeit such a short one (I know your father has stayed with us before). I do hope you get more time with us in the future to take full advantage of the facilities and location for touring, shopping, etc. Thank you for sharing your experience.
Pamela Hayes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

I am a frequent guest to Sungai and every time I visit if possible it gets better. From the moment you experience the VIP arrival at the airport to the wonderful welcome to the Villa by the friendly staff who I now regard as family relaxation sets in.
The villa is lovely, setting picturesque, however the service is simply wonderful. Your every need attended to by the Manager Made and his team. You can step outside the villa and enjoy a walk through the village amongst the rice paddies and visit the children taking english lessons in the courtyard of Made the managers home. (this is a dream that he has always wanted to fulfill and with the help of the Villa and many contributions from guests such as books pencils etc this is now a reality.

The spa experience is wonderful, the food amazing and the comfort of the beds and fresh white linen simply heaven. I am always sad to leave and always excited to return.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
455PamelaH, Owner at Villa Sungai, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
It is such a thrill for the team (13 + spa therapists) and me to see reports such as these and particularly from our valued return guests. It becomes increasingly difficult to surprise these guests so we put much thought into how we can continually improve our product/experience. It is nice to see this being recognised.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I recently visited Villa Sungai for the first time, with family - all of whom had visited before. They told me what to expect (nothing less than 5 star perfection), but I was still flawed. Not only is the setting perfect, being so tranquil and relaxing, the staff are some of the nicest people you would ever hope to meet and nothing is too much trouble. The food at the Villa is absolutely amazing, and even though we ate out for a couple of meals at Bali's high-end restaurants like Petitenget and Sardine, the food at Villa Sungai, in my opinion exceeded the food we ordered at these restaurants. I had the best Gazpacho soup and Prawn Salad I've ever tasted, expertly prepared by the staff in the kitchen. For the 7 days we stayed, we felt like family or friends of the staff rather than paying guests as they showed us around Cepaka & explained all of the local goings-on. We were even lucky enough to be at the Villa in the days leading up to Putu's wedding, and got to see his house being decorated by his family & friends, and even got to meet some of his family whilst visiting him the day before his wedding. It was an amazing experience, one which you wouldn't have any hope of experiencing elsewhere, as the staff really do make you feel like friends. I would definitely recommend Villa Sungai to any of my friends, as it really is an experience like no-other.

• Liked — The Staff, the food, the Villa itself, everything about it!
  • Disliked — There was nothing I didn't like about Villa Sungai
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Zhuhai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I'm sure you hear this from every guest, but then again I'm sure you never get tired of hearing it either so here goes! The villa is lovely of course but the service provided was on a completely different level than we've ever experienced at a private villa. Made, Putu, Trisna, Iluh, the Wayans, Bumi and the rest of the staff whose names I can't recall were all just fabulous and really made our stay just incredible. Putu was great and has the patience of a saint, Trisna perpetually lights up any room she walks into with her smile, and nighttime Wayan did yeoman's work on the few late nights we had. Made is possibly the most calming person I may have ever met and it was wonderful when he showed us his home in the village.

Our stay at Sungai was an incredible experience and one that none of us will soon forget. In fact, it was not only exactly what I'd hoped for, it was actually better and with each day we stayed there seemed to get better and better if that's possible. There is an attention to detail at Sungai that I think can really only come with years of operation and a long time staff. You should be immensely proud of what you have created Pamela as I don't think there is really any place like it. It's interesting from my perspective because you can read review after review of a place with people saying essentially the same thing but until you experience it for yourself, it doesn't actually register if that makes sense. So I want to thank you on behalf of myself and my family for allowing us to have the experience we had.

• Liked — The service/staff and the aesthetics of the property.
  • Disliked — That i probably gained 10 pounds. ;-)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cepaka
W Bali - Seminyak
Maya Sanur Resort & Spa
The Colony Hotel Bali
The Colony Hotel Bali
#2 of 105 in Seminyak

Been to Villa Sungai? Share your experiences!