“Nice staff - that is about it”
Review of Palmridge Inn

Palmridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barrigada
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Formerly the Days Inn, this hotel is now independent. I was traveling with a group of 16 and all were disappointed, albeit, it did what we needed - provided a bed for 10-14 hrs. The hotel lies on the "back side" of the Guam Int'l Airport and is about an eight (8) minute ($5 ea. way) ride - service provided by National Car Rental.
You name it, it is wrong, when it comes to this property. There is a McDonald's about five (5) minutes-by-foot and that is the major food. The hotel is just unkept - paint peeling, tiles broken, fans in bathrooms are loud. The pool is on the roof (4th floor) with no view. The rooms are "loud" as the take-off path is "right there".
Given the opportunity, I would pay more and try something else next time I had a Guam layover.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Thomas S
Bob M, Manager at Palmridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Hello Thomas S. I would like to thank you for recognizing that our staff is friendly. The Palm Ridge Inn is now under new ownership and new management. Many of our rooms have been remodeled and are very nice.

We appreciate your stay with us and hope on your next visit to Guam you stop in and see what the Palm Ridge Inn is doing.

Kind Regards,
Bob

There are newer reviews for Palmridge Inn

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We thought the hotel was ok nothing special. The rooms were outdated and kinda stuffy but it was ok and the same with the bathrooms but the shampoos etc were nice. We booked this to be close to the airport and have the shuttle. Well we booked it for 4.30am. Got to the front desk and nothing the front desk clerk kept calling the driver and then went and banged on his door......nothing. 5.15 still nothing.He then called another company to come get us ......finally the driver got out of bed looked like a rough night and took us at 5.30 am ........not good. He had a cellphone and could have set an alarm......very disappointing and we could have slept in !!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank UKVISIT
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel was moderately priced, comfortable, and well positioned if you are visiting the island and don't want to pay for a resort hotel on the beach. There is nothing fancy about this place. The rooms were clean but make sure you get a room with a king, not two doubles, so you have a balcony. The bed was a little hard for my liking but I just slept on a beach towel and that helped. Water pressure is poor and there was warm water but not hot, but that seems the norm on the island.. The pool is not open and doesn't look to be fixed anytime soon. There are 2 computers in the lobby for guest internet use so that was great! There is coffee in the lobby in morning if you are up early enough and if you're really early donuts. You can walk to the Shell station 1/2 block away if you need snacks or beverages as there is a mini fridge and microwave in the room. The staff was very friendly and helpful and this really made our stay better. The location is very central and you can drive to Tumon (resort area) or the University of Guam in about 10-15 minutes and they have a van to get you to the airport if you don't have a car. I didn't see the interior of any other "airport" hotels but from the outside the Palmridge seemed one of the nicer. I recommend this hotel as long as you are not expecting too much ... like a Motel 6 as opposed to a Marriott.

Room Tip: If you want a balcony get a room with 1 bed.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This hotel smells and when I made a hotel car reservation package, they quoted me exact price including tax and pick up of the rental car at the airport. When I arrived at the airport, the price for the rental car was completely different, I spoke to the hotel whom I reserved the car with and all they could say is that is up to the car rental serves. Again I booked the car and hotel together through the hotel. The price I was given down to the cents is the price I should have to pay. This ended being THEFT BY DECEPTION!!! I asked to speak to the manager and they said she could not be reached on the weekend.. excuse me, but everyone now has cell phones and if there was an emergency how would they contact her?? she can be reached, they just do not care! STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE AT ALL COST!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank L I
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This hotel needs a lot of help ! The water is so slow you can barely take a shower, the lobby is so small, the place smells old and moldy, the carpet is dirty and smells, the tv remote did not work,the paint and patch work were coming off and peeling, the beds are worn out, the staff not helpful, the wifi does not work in the rooms only in the lobby, the hot water gets cold , you can hardly sleep because you can hear the airplanes every 30 min to 1 hr, the pillows are small and old, the blankets are like bed sheets with holes in them ,the beds are worn out and make spring noises, the bath towels feel like sand paper, the rooms are stuffy and smells , theres mold growing around the ac unit, this has been the worse hotel i have seen!!!!!!

Room Tip: this hotel is terrible ,
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank kaz l
Reviewed February 7, 2013

From booking my room reservation to check-out, the staff was very nice and friendly. We usually stay at this hotel because of the price and location. Rooms could use some rennovations, but they're decent enough to sleep in.

During our recent stay, however, the room we got smelled smoky (I'm a non-smoker) and musty so I had to buy an air freshner so our room could smell nice. I could've requested to move to a different room, but I didn't want to deal with the hassle. I also wish I could've used the natural light coming in from the balcony, but there were only heavy curtains, no sheer curtains.

The room was decent for a weekend stay and the room-car package was worth it. The hotel is located close to the airport and not to far from the common shopping areas: KMart, Micronesia Mall, Guam Premium Outlets (GPO) and the Agana Shopping Center. Restaurants and gas stations were also close by.

Room Tip: Rooms come with an A/C unit, microwave and a TV/DVD combo.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Facility was well kept. Staff were very helpful. Room dated but met needs. Price was reasonable to include a room and car package. In addition if requested airport pick-up and drop off available. Hotel is next to the airport so, you will hear flights coming in and leaving.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barrigada
Wyndham Garden Guam
Guam Plaza Hotel
Guam Plaza Hotel
#3 of 11 in Tamuning
Guam Reef & Olive Spa Resort

Been to Palmridge Inn? Share your experiences!