“Rooms are clean. Restaurant and convenience store are right...”

Ramada Clairmont/Grande Prairie
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Clairmont
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
nicoles98, General Manager at Ramada Clairmont/Grande Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stayed at the hotel on Mar 24 with no issues. Went back on March 26 and the problems started right from the beginning. Got there about 4pm and knew right away that the lady at the front desk would rather be somewhere else. I checked in went up to my room and it was the wrong room than what I had booked online. When I went down to the front desk to let them know and show them my confirmation on my blackberry she told me that the "internet had overbooked them" and they didn't have the type of room that I was looking for with not much of an apology. Then a second lady joined in and told me there was nothing they could do, again not much caring. I then said that I would like a discount from the rate that I was paying, for a much better room than what I was given, and I was told I already had too much of a discount and they couldn't do anything about that either. I told them I would call around and find something else which I did. When I went back to the desk and handed in my key the first lady said that was all I needed to do. I asked her about the pre-authorization that she took on my credit card and was informed that it wouldn't come off for 2-3 days and "there is nothing I can do about it you will have to call your bank". Wrong answer!! I then suggested that maybe if they are going to change rooms on people or if "the internet overbooked them" that maybe they should give a call to the affected person or maybe even let them know at the front desk instead of just trying to sneak it by and let the person get to their room and hopefully not notice as that was clearly what they were doing.
All in all a truly bad experience and I will not be using this hotel ever again for my frequent trips to the GP area.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I want to apologize sincerely for the experience you had with our hotel. In no way was this the way we wanted you to feel. We strive on exceeding all of our guests expectations and try to make everyone's stay most memorable.
I have shared this response with my Front Desk team and went over some key training points that you indeed are correct if a room change is completed for any reason you should be notified and for that we take full accountability. I apologize that you felt the agents were not friendly or caring in your situation as this is not acceptable and we consistently work to become better and consider all feedback a gift to ensure we achieve this.
Thank you again and should you come back to the city we would love for you to come stay with us again and we will ensure your stay will be most excellent and we can show you how great we are.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Rooms and Service was good, just have to make sure you pick the side of the hotel away from the train noise.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our hotel with us. We are so glad to hear that the service and hotel met your expectations during your stay. I do apologize for the train noise that interrupted your experience. Should you be coming back to the city any time in the future and choose to stay with us again please let the Front Desk know that you would like to be put in a room on the front side of the building as the noise level will be much less.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed at this hotel while passing through - although I made arrangements earlier that day to stay that evening upon arrival the hotel was full. Nicely enough they upgraded me to the penthouse suite - which was very nice and very spacious. I enjoyed a nice Jacuzzi after a long day of driving and a complimentary breakfast, which is the usual breakfast buffet served. Overall the staff were friendly and accommodating and the digs were great!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
nicoles98, General Manager at Ramada Clairmont/Grande Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us at the Ramada, Clairmont. We are so glad to hear that all of your expectations were met and that you took some time for you to relax and enjoy the jacuzzi tub in your room.
We strive to exceed all of our guests expectations and ensure everyone's stay is most excellent. We look forward to seeing you again when coming to the city.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The hotel staff were pleasant, but the hotel itself was lacking in amenities. The restaurant that breakfast was served in was awful, cold, drafty, it took an hour to get our food, they forgot an order, then mixed Chinese food in it (they don't serve Chinese food there!!!). Amenities listed in the in room brochure included a pool, there wasn't one. The Internet kept dropping off. Not meant for families apparently.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
nicoles98, General Manager at Ramada Clairmont/Grande Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

First off I would like to say thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I apologize that the hotel was not what you had expected. As the hotel does not own or manage the Husky House attached to us I have taken this feedback to the manager their as it is not fair that it affects our guests stay to have poor quality service or food.

I would like to address the pool issue as I can not find any written material that says we have a pool at this location if you can please contact me via email or by phone so I can be sure that this is corrected that would be so greatly appreciated.

Again I do apologize for the dissatisfying stay you experienced and would love a chance to make it right. Please contact me at gm@hiexgp.com or by phone at 780-814-9446 or 780-814-7448.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

The staff are very friendly at this hotel. The free breakfast is nice. Rooms are updated and beds are comfy. Have stayed here for weeks since November and its always clean. Really enjoy customer appreciation night on wednesdays for pizza and beer

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
nicoles98, General Manager at Ramada Clairmont/Grande Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on the Ramada, Clairmont. We are so pleased you have been enjoying your stay with us and that since you are away from home for such a long period we can be like a home away from home. I have shared this review with my team and thank you again.

Nicole Sullivan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clairmont
Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre
Redwood Inn & Suites
Redwood Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Clairmont
Holiday Inn Express Grande Prairie

Been to Ramada Clairmont/Grande Prairie? Share your experiences!