“Very satisfied customer!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Clairmont
Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
“Very satisfied customer!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Great room, love wall thermostat. It was a treat to get free pizza and beer/ wine/pop for the evening! Love the breakfast voucher for the restaurant too! Will definitely come back here.......................................

• Stayed June 2013
Andre G, General Manager at Ramada Clairmont/Grande Prairie, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear MeggerB,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to post your review, We appreciate the feedback and you kind comments about your stay and the experience. We ve been trying different things for the guest appreciation night, so glad you enjoyed that as well. We look forward to seeing on your next trip to Grande Prairie.

Safe Travels

Andre Giannandrea

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I checked into the Hotel early in the afternoon. I had to do some work and just sat down in my room in front of my computer for that, when suddenly the power went off. Not a big deal I continued my work regardless. But then the fire alarm went off. This concerned me a bit more so I decided to evacuate the building.
I was standing outside the building with a handful of other guest. No staff members of the hotel followed. The hotel was completely dark inside and front door were shut. Nobody from the staff came outside to tell us what is going on. After around 30 minutes standing outside with no clue, I found a side door and went inside. I went up to the front desk where the clerk was standing talking to somebody on the phone. When she got off the phone I asked what was going on, she could not give an answer only that "they are working on it" she told me it could take a few hours till power comes back on, because something blew up. She was not able to give me any answers. Asked for a Manager to talk to but there was none. She told me she is the only person around.
This fiasco is now going on for 45 minutes and NO MANAGER is on site. WOW. I asked if I could go back to my room and was told that's probably OK. I asked for direction to the stairs, the front desk person did not know where the stairs are. An other WOW.

In my last review of this hotel I said its my favourite place in GP but after this experience I am not too sure. I still question why only guest have evacuated the building. Why are guest not given any information but simply left outside shut doors? Where in management? Do hotels have emergency procedures in place?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Andre G, General Manager at Ramada Clairmont/Grande Prairie, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear 71Gonzo71,

Thanks for your continued loyalty to our hotel, and for taking the time to post your feedback about your latest stay. I apologize for your experience involving the power outage, and subequent fire alarm. The incident and feedback from yourself and other guests has brought forward the importance of drills and training. We have already reviewed our procedures and conducted training with our leaders and their teams to ensure incidents like this run smoother should they occur in the future. We hope you continue to stay with us when your travels bring you to our area. Thanks again for brining this training opportunity to our attention.

Respectfully

Woonsocket, Rhode Island
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This was my first trip to this area and my GPS did not locate the hotel so I put in a cross street figuring when I was near the hotel they would be able to help me. Wrong! I was less than 1/2 mile away and the had no idea where I was or how to tell me how to get there. Once I did arrive since it was midnight I had to pick up the phone and waited 10 minutes for someone to appear and check me in. The room was nice and fairly comfortable I no problem with the internet and was working very well as was taking and making calls through my computer. I went downstairs for breakfast as you need a voucher and waited 10 minutes again for the girl at the front desk to complete a reservation. There are way to many hotels in this area I will diffently be trying one of the other ones next time I come up here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Andre G, General Manager at Ramada Clairmont/Grande Prairie, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Hello Russel R,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Grande Prairie. We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback about your stay. We re glad you found our rooms to be comfortable and that the internet satisfactory, we realize that is important to our guests. I apologize for the frustrations you experienced locating the Hotel, and with the breakfast voucher system. We are addressing this to avoid the same from happening in the future. I do hope you allow us to host you again when you find yourself back in our area. Thanks again, safe travels

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stay in a lot of different hotels in western Canada and I am a long time CPSA member.

At this hotel is my favorit hotel in GP at this time. Have the free breakfast is a bonus too.

I'll be back soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ashley M, General Manager at Ramada Clairmont/Grande Prairie, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear, 71gonzo71 we very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ramada Inn & Travel Centre Clairmont. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback especially when it is as kind as yours.

We at the Ramada strive to have the best service available, for all our guest and we do our best to ensure the best stay possible.

Thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Ashley McCallister
Saskatoon
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Like the title says. First you walk up to the front desk and have to stand there for a couple minutes before someone shows up to help you check in or answer any questions. Second the hotel is only 4 floors but the speed of the elevator would make you think you are going up 20 floors. It is faster to walk to the far end of the hotel walk up the stairs with all you luggage than to take the elevator. Third the internet is rediculously SLOW. I had about 800Kbs of speed on the wireless connection at this hotel. I can get better speeds from using the tethering function on my cell phone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Darcy B, General Manager at Ramada Clairmont/Grande Prairie, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Devon F,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ramada Inn & Travel Centre Clairmont. I am so sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At the Ramada Inn & Travel Centre, we strive to provide superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better you in the near future.

Darcy Blight
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I checked in after an 11 hour drive. The first thing I did was get ice. The ice machine on my floor did not work. When I called the front desk, within minutes my issue was solved. Nice sitting area so I did not have to sit on the bed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ramada Inn & Travel Centre Clairmont. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback.

Darcy Blight
Ramada Inn & Travel Centre Clairmont, AB
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clairmont
Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre
Redwood Inn & Suites
Redwood Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Clairmont
Stonebridge Hotel Grande Prairie
Stonebridge Hotel Grande Prairie
#6 of 24 in Grande Prairie
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Grande Prairie
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton G...
#1 of 24 in Grande Prairie
Days Inn Grande Prairie
Days Inn Grande Prairie
#10 of 24 in Grande Prairie
Best Western Grande Prairie Hotel & Suites

Been to Ramada Clairmont/Grande Prairie? Share your experiences!