Resort Martino Boutique Hotel & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel el Prado(Alajuela)
View Hotel
Hotel La Rosa de America(Alajuela)
Hotel Robledal(Alajuela)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Spa
Hotel Central(Alajuela)
1915 Hotel(Alajuela)
View Hotel
All reviewssan josecosta ricazoo aveclose to the airportitalian foodbeautiful poolpoas volcanoold world charmcredit cardeuropean feellots of fresh fruitsitting areala focacciadouble checkanimal rescueplenty of lounge chairsdefinitely stay here again
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Checked in with my hubby, first room sounded like bats were flying around in the ceiling... Killed 4 red ants and smelled like mold. They upgraded us to a suite in the back of the property, much larger but toilet didn't work. They moved us to room next door, double beds (not king) shower never got warm, didn't drain, no soap, or variety of towels... Beds were hard. Only thing good about this place is the pool and the gym...but not worth the stay!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank MelCaribeGurl
adriano_martino, Manager at Resort Martino Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear guess, your comments are very important to us, this would help us to improve the services we provide, we apology for the inconvenient, immediately we going to take care of this issue and hope your next trip you can give us the opportunity to demonstrate we can do better, also I am glad though that you enjoyed the pool and the gym.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This place is crawling with bugs. One of our friends stayed in an adjacent room and a tiny part of her door frame came off, revealing about a 1,000 ants and their eggs. She actually took a video of it before changing rooms. Our room was not cleaned well and there were bugs all around. In fact, my roommate had ants in her scrambled eggs from the hotel breakfast. I get this is Costa Rica, but other resorts I've stayed in in C.R. did not have this issue.
The A/C is old and dirty, we've developed respiratory problems breathing the air conditioning here. The restaurant is over-priced, food is mediocre, and service extremely slow.
The front desk wasn't helpful either, they booked tours for me, but didn't give me confirmations, so I had no idea the price or pickup time. Then gave me a difficult time when I asked for copies of the confirmation, saying it was my responsibility, not theirs. Lastly, although they have wifi, it's unsecured and rarely works.
On the plus side, they have a large gym and the pool is one of the biggest I've ever seen, which is quite relaxing.
When I travel, I value clean rooms and friendly staff, and this resort has neither. I've stayed in nicer hostels.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bsams14
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

We had the pleasure of staying at Martinos for a few days this month, and the staff and service was very attentive and good. The room was very clean and comfortable and the views were amazing. The pool was a good size and plenty of lounge areas. The casino staff was exceptionally friendly and best priced beverages in the area :)

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Barry C
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Went for a relaxing vacation for seven days and to meet a local friend of mine. Those plans fell apart but, while I was there I had a wonderful and relaxing stay. The entire staff was wonderful and would go out of their way to help. The restaurant "La Foccacia" staff were wonderful and got to know them all on a first name basis. They would always greet you with a smile and a handshake. The room was perfect allowing me to relax and unwind. The grounds were kept up impeccably and the ground crew were in the process of the fall clean-up. I will definitely stay again when I go back to Costa Rica.

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor and at the corners. Air flow during day, or night makes it so you don't need the A/C.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Michael D
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We wanted to scape for two days with our two kids, so we thought about going somewhere close to the city. At the beginning it looked like we were going to have a nice time. The place is cool, but the rooms are pretty average.
The service at the restaurant is slow, and pretty for what they are charging you! the place was empty and it took forever, the food is pretty average and expensive, they don't have basic italian ingredients (is an italian restaurant!), they forget your order or they mix up your order, at the end I was very frustrated with the restaurant.
I have to say, the spa is nice! and the pool is great!
Now rooms! OMG! they have a musty odor, I guess not too many people stay there, the bed covers smelled a little musty. And at night there where some ants crawling on me...
Not worth the price you pay at all...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family