“dog poo everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Mount Ephraim Gardens
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Hernhill
More attraction details
Owner description: Mount Ephraim is a beautiful family-owned 800 acre estate which boa some of the best Edwardian gardens in the South East. Stroll the orchards, woodlands and rock gardens, enjoying the outstanding views the estate offers, before relaxing in the west wing tea rooms. Mount Ephraim is also available for weddings, filming and photo sessions.
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I visited for the second time, the gardens pretty but need some work now, some plants are truly outstanding but the reason for my review is that families visiting this site are being asked to pay to enter a garden where quantities of dog poo are evident.
I took 3 children and 2 had the horrendous problem, poo up legs, on shoes and hands. It ruined our day. The owner advised me they let dogs in as they have dogs and a feeble home printed sign asked owners to be responsible. We conversed outbout dog bins, the owner stated she didn't see the point of them as they stink and putting bins up (there is only 1 on the site we found) is another cost.
She confirmed that her own dogs (of which we saw much as they ate our lunch) are allowed to run free, we witnessed them fouling in grass adjacent to another family sat nearby.
We also witnessed other owners looking the other way while their pets fouled the grass verges and long grass.
come on mount ephraim, you have a lovelly garden, blighted by your apathy. We get to throw away £50 of footware and have one child vomiting as a result of the problem.
Dog poo whether picked up or not should not be allowed where people sit and eat. being responsible as per the sign means not letting your dog toilet where kids and adults will play or sit.
So in my view yes let dogs in but for goodness sake , some bins and some non dog areas should exist, until they do I will not be back. The matter has been reported to health and safety, the environment agency and I cannot say how disapointed I am by the owners lack of appreciation, especially as she was such a nice person with such a great resource. some mangement is needed. If you take kids keep them out of grass and have a big supply of wipes or similar, 3 other families commented they had suffered the same fate that day alone.
This was a shame as the whole day for us was blighted by the problem not being managed, I and a few families discussed the matter and speaking from a view of 30 plus people (the group size in total) I would suggest that the site be regarded as polluted by dog feaces and avoided if you require a hassle free day, lastly don't let your kiddies roll down the slopes as one parent did on monday, you can guess the result!

2  Thank Mike A
in 3 reviews
"ticket office"
"plenty of seats"

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Visited with my girlfriend back in the Summer. I thought that the gardens were incredibly pretty ,and obviously lovingly tended. It was made all the better by the fact that we visited on a rare day of bright sunshine. Love the maze, but watch out for the bees!

1  Thank Matthew C
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Went here on a coach trip and was not sure whether I wanted to go, but it was an amozing garden and well worth the visit.

1  Thank Sue T
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Very nice gardens to walk around, quiet & peaceful.
Hireable for weddings too I think.