See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

I can't rate this hotel anymore I came with my family three boys and my husband The location is very close to the beach The hotel is very high standard The Hotel is spotless. The food is very good, traditional food with a variety of choices The staff is very friendly and polite making sure was everything ok with us. We were lucky to take part in a traditional event with music, free fish and wine. We really have a good time. Definitely, we are coming back.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2017

Unfortunately, I have had an opportunity to spend 10 days at the aforementioned hotel. The first night we were unpleasantly surprised that there is no tap water available during the dinner. The only option was to purchase overpriced bottled water (mineral water 0,7L for 2,7 EUR or sparkled water 1L for 3,3 EUR). Meat (poultry, fish or veal), is ONLY cocked, not frown, as well as any side dishes. Rations are close to kindergarten size, though on the very last day we were informed that one can order an extra ration at no extra cost.

Rooms are clean and that is the only positive about this hotel. The mattress is long worn out, so be prepared to some back pain in the weeks to come. The wireless signal is way below the acceptable requirement for any kind of browsing, IM or anything else. They have 4 Mbps line, and probably consumer router placed in their manager's office. They reject any complaints one might have about food, rations, wireless..

As per Drvenik, small town, with inadequate beach capacity. One has to jump over other people on the beach to reach the water. You have to stand up at 0400 HRS to place your towels if you want to have to spend your day at the beach at all, otherwise, no places left. A piece of advice, take minimum double as many beach towels with you, because everybody and I mean everybody places 2-3 towels to ensure to have enough room around. I was stupid enough NOT to do that, but lesson learned!

Now I can expect their "director of sales" to "address" me in their local manner!

Room tip: Try another hotel!
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BellaVista_HR, Director of Sales at Hotel Bella Vista, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2017

Thank you very much for your review. We are thankful for this opportunity to address your comment once more. We are very sorry to hear the prices in the restaurant were too expensive for you. At least some gratitude from your side would be in place since you left the hotel without paying your last beverage consummation. We are very sorry to hear that the quality and the quantity of food for dinner were not according to your taste, although you never mention this during your stay. Of course, we rejected all your statements because they do not represent the true value we provide. Furthermore, regarding the Drvenik, yes we know that sometimes beach is crowded, but from this year the municipality organizes regular beach cleaning so that everybody has equal access to the beach. Hopefully, this action will prevent future “place” reservation. We hope you will have better luck in the future. Respectfully.

Reviewed August 8, 2016

When we arrived we were surprised as the reality did not match the reviews and photos. On the surface this was an ok hotel but it felt like being in the old Yugoslavia. This hotel is utilitarian, functional and clean but not luxurious or friendly. No tea and coffee in room, lack of parking for our car and no outdoor pool. Came back after dinner and had to park at the side of the hotel. Came back to a note saying contact reception which I did. Was soundly told off and informed I should have asked about extra parking ... How do you know what you don't know?

Breakfast was like being back at school - canteen like, busy, cramped and limited choice. Juice not juice but cordial, etc

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Jonathan D
Danijel C, Director of Sales at Hotel Bella Vista, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2016

Hereby we wish to thank the guest for choosing hotel Bella Vista for one night accommodation. We are sorry to hear that the guest did not value our hotel category, since we strongly believe we provide the four star quality. Reviewing the guests comments, we believe it is our duty to react to these false allegations. Firstly, this hotel was built in 2008 and has nothing to do with old Yugoslavia which ended 1990. We even do not know what this means. Hotel is built in contemporary style, following Mediterranean ambience, and therefore it is quite joyful. Moreover, be assured that all our pictures are presenting hotel truthfully.
Furthermore, the guest comments about the hotel not being luxurious or friendly are ridiculous since this is a four star hotel and above all, a small property (only 40 rooms) and we care about our guests, knowing them by the name and helping them in any way we can. Stating further what the guest commented is completely beyond any logic. As a four star hotel we are not obligated to have an electric kettle in our room. Rather the guests can order coffee and tea as standard room service or they can drink it at the bar. We offer FREE parking for all our guests (not charging it), and we NEVER stated in any of our promotional materials that this hotel offers an outdoor pool!
Now, regarding the guests need to move his car. Obviously, this guest has some issues beyond our comprehension. Everywhere is understandable, when arriving to a hotel the first time, to ask at the reception where they can leave the car, except this guest. The car was not parked properly, therefore we left a message for the guest.
All in all, we would like to inform all our guests not to take comment of this person into consideration. Thank you in advance. Best regards.

Reviewed September 16, 2015

It is very clean hotel, nice people, good food, but small rooms. They say it is 4 star hotel, but it is good 3 star, but the price is also for high 3 star hotel. I will give grade four just for that. If they say it is 3 star hotel, then grade would be 5.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Bojan_Arula
Reviewed August 14, 2015 via mobile

What a place must I say, my daughters, wife, mother and I had a very enjoyable time! The very beautiful, crystaly clear blue Family beach not even 50 meters from the hotels door entrance is what really brought this place to my attention! It was without any doubt, the most professional and high quality hotel than any other around the area, having said that my wife and I have been to see the other hotels before booking our stay with Bella Vista. Although we did not book the most expensive room or suite, we were treated as we were the only guests there! There hospitality and politeness was really unbelievably heart warming. The food in the morning was actually very delicious, they had many varieties of morning treats and hot meals! The lunch and dinner I would have to say though I am still craving after my stay hahah after a hit day at the beach, that European/International food really hit spot on! My wife loved the spa! My daughters couldn't stay out of the jacuzzi, and to be honest the Gym was not to big, but hey your on vacation :) Most of all, my stay at this Hotel really makes me want to come back next year! Im grateful for the hospitably giving by the staff and really think this place is worth the stay! Thank You Hotel Bella Vista for your kindness :) - Brandon

Date of stay: June 2015