“very nice feedback”

Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hellidon
Reviewed January 26, 2014

my wife and myself had a very friendly and homely atmosphere. breakfast superb, lounge bar/resturant services good and evening dinner really really tasty.Spa services were fantastic and had a quality time swimming and other activities.

Room Tip: superior room really amazing.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Christophe G, General Manager at Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Guests,
Thank you for review and your fantastic feedback. I am delighted that you had a memorable time with us and enjoyed our package and great facilities and the hospitality. We have some fantastic offers all year round, please visit our Website. With Spa, Golf, Leisure, Bowling, some great walks, stunning views and close to some sites to visit such as Stratford and Oxford we are the perfect location. Not to mention our extensive Conference and Banqueting facilities.
Yours Sincerely
Christophe

Write a ReviewReviews (1,393)

Reviewed January 23, 2014

As you approach the hotel is looks amazing. The room is spacious and comfortable.

We were awoken with a particularly loud (presume) fire alarm on Sunday morning. This wasn't the greatest start for what was a special treat and after a fun wedding the night before.

When we went down for breakfast we were left standing waiting for a while. Food was ok.

The spa facilities appeared a little bit dated but again, they were ok.

Overall a decent stay, but wouldn't make a point of going back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kev M

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was please to read that overall your stay was enjoyable but please accept my apologies if you were disturbed by the noise. I will also make sure that the constructive feedback that you mentioned is rectified.
I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back, perhaps you could make the most of our fantastic offers available on our website.
Yours Sincerely

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Little difficultt to find..beware sat nav may take you down a narrow muddy track ..stick to road and you eventaully come to hotel.
Staff and service for my meeting were excellent and the meetingbroom was bright and comfortable.

I was also able to negotiate a great rate for the day.
If you a a golfer the course looks good andif a fisher they have course fishing on site..info and tickets from the pro shop.

Room Tip: Cannot comment as no overnight involved.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Christophe G, General Manager at Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am please to read that you had a successful meeting with us. I would always suggest that when you get close to the Hotel you follow the signs, they will take you to us and avoid any short cuts that may take you to a country lane. Indeed we have some very competitive rates and many of our guests enjoyed the great facilities that we have on site, including the bowling!
I am looking forward to welcoming you back very soon, perhaps for a residential conference next time.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Excellent stay due to the staff. Would suggest better signs for the reception as had no idea where to go. Rooms clean and nice lots of space. Have to say the pool area and changing rooms let this place down. The changing rooms were dirty and no lockers to use all broken very run down however the girls in the spa were nice although they need to watch their timing, facial was rushed and only 20 minutes not the full time but the neck and shoulder massage was nice. Have to say that all the staff here are excellent very helpful and friendly especially victoria at breakfast and the resturant manager well done. Would be back again when the pool area is 're camped thank you for a nice weekend.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you had a great time with us and thank you for your constructive feedback too, I will make sure that we rectified the points that you have raised. Some work is about to take place in the leisure area, I am confident that you will notice the improvement during your next visit. We have some fantastic offers all year round, please visit our Website. With Spa, Golf, Leisure, Bowling, some great walks, stunning views and close to some great attractions to visit such as Stratford and Oxford we are the perfect location.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

The standards at this hotel are exceptionally good. Very helpful and attentive staff, Beautiful spacious room with luxury bathroom, Everywhere scupulously clean. Restaurant food and service were first rate.
The only request i would make is for more signage because my satnav took me off course.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Christophe G, General Manager at Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear Guests,
Thank you for review and your fantastic feedback. I am delighted that you had a memorable time with us and enjoyed our package and great facilities. We have some fantastic offers all year round, please visit our Website. With Spa, Golf, Leisure, Bowling, some great walks, stunning views and close to some sites to visit such as Stratford and Oxford we are the perfect location. I will look at your comments regarding the signage and make sure that we improve this.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

My husband and I went with our local coach company on a lovely Christmas Break to Hellidon Lakes (having been to their other hotel in Lincolnshire last year) After a .little hiccup when we first arrived, which was quickly sorted, we had a really wonderful Christmas and the weather was good too.

A beautiful room with lovely views over the surrounding countryside with chocolates and wine in our room on arrival. The food was wonderful including afternoon tea of sandwiches and a variety of cakes, a fabulous 4 course Christmas dinner (with Father Christmas attending) and a great Gala night with dancing on Boxing Day. The staff were extremely friendly and nothing was too much trouble and everything served with a smile, and they laid on quiz's and competitions as well during our stay. All in all a magical time..........was sorry to leave. Well done everyone

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank happydays34

Dear Guests,
Thank you for review. I am delighted that you had a magical time with us and enjoyed our package and great facilities. Following a great Christmas break we have already sold 70% of the hotel for this year, please book your package now. But we also have some fantastic offers all year round, please visit our Website. With Spa, Golf, Leisure, Bowling, some great walks, stunning views and close to some sites to visit such as Stratford and Oxford we are the perfect location.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Myself and my partner stayed at this hotel for New Year's Eve and paid for the party package.
I don't often write reviews but had to say what a fabulous time we had at helidon lakes. Our room was very clean and spacious, the food was top notch and the party was great fun! It was so nice to see so many people enjoying themselves In a great atmosphere and even better to see the manager making an effort to mingle with the party guests and keep the service personal... Well done to you, this is so rare these days in big chains (think his name is tom).
Having not heard of this hotel before visiting (even though I live very close by), I have to say I definitely plan on returning and was so impressed with the service I may even look to join the leisure facilities!

Bravo Q hotels...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for review and your great comments. I am delighted that you had a fantastic time with us. Following a very successful event we have already taking some bookings for 2014, I hope that you will join us again this year to celebrate with us. But you do not have to wait until the end of the year, we have some fantastic offers available on our Website. I will contact you if you wish to join our Leisure Facilities.
Christophe

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hellidon
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
De Vere Staverton Estate
Mercure Daventry Court Hotel
Park Inn by Radisson Northampton
Days Inn Warwick North M40
Whittlebury Hall
Whittlebury Hall
#3 of 3 in Towcester

Been to Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!