“New year ”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hellidon
Northampton, United Kingdom
“New year ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

My children and I had a lovely time, the staff were very helpful and went out of there way to find somthing my daughter would eat, all of are needs were met, the food was lovely and the buffet worked well as you could try a bit of everything thing, the room was clean and very comfortable.thank you to everyone that put together a well planed out much needed family new year.we will be back .

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Christophe G, General Manager at Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for review and your great comments. Following a very successful event we have already taking some bookings for 2014, I hope that you will join us again this year to celebrate with us. But you do not have to wait until the end of the year, we have some fantastic offers available on our Website.
Christophe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Went here for 2 nights BBD deal. Room was fine, nice size,clean and comfy bed. We had booked spa treatments which were 1st class and the treatment rooms clean. Pool and jacuzzi could have been better water very cloudy with bits floating.
Breakfast first morning cold and bacon so dried out you could not cut through it, dinner on first night ok - just ok. Second evening dinner was inedible it was served up so dry you could tell it had been way over cooked- Manager offered to replace but it was 8 .30 and they were so busy and under staffed I declined, was offered complementary coffee! Breakfast second morning good and hot and plenty of choice. Also we had a sandwich at lunch at a cost of £6.85 it was the same bread that guests used at breakfast for toast, no presentation.
This was the fourth Q Hotel that we had been to, 2 of them we had spa days with lunch and the third we stayed for 2 nights, the food at these hotels was first class!
We traveled to Hellidon Hills between Christmas and New Year, maybe that was why the food was so bad they were getting ready for the guests that were going to be staying over the New Year. They had also run out of some of the choices on the menu, plus they did not refund me on checkout for a dinner I did not have! W'ont be back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FATBUTFIT
Dear guest,
Thank you for your review and my apologies if some aspect of your stay was not as enjoyable as it should have been. I will go through your comments with my team to rectify these issues immediately. Indeed our deliveries were affected by the bad weather but this should not have affected your meal. I will contact you to discuss your comments further.
I hope that I will the pleasure of welcoming you back.
Yours Sincerely
Christophe Gitton
Basingstoke UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

A great hotel, very nice to just chill out in the Spa whilst the men play their golf, been quite a few times now! Keep coming back for more, going in March again this year with family and very good friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for review and your loyalty. I am delighted that you have chosen to stay with us again, I hope that you are making the most of the great Spa and Golf packages that we have available, please visit our Website to make the most.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

1st time stay at Q-Hotels and won't be the last. Very attentive and pleasant staff, looked after from arrival to departure. Excellent Gala meal, entertainment and met some lovely guests at our table. Very varied food choice also for Breakfast. Had several Spa treatments which were excellent. Would definitely stay again and also for New Year,

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Christophe G, General Manager at Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for review and your kind comments. I am delighted that you have now become one of our many thousand loyal guests, please join the Breakaway Club and you will receive some great benefits. QHotels have been voted the UK Chain of the year 2013 by Which?, a great accolade and recognition for the team.
Watford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Just had a 3 night New Year at this hotel.What a gem.The views are magnificent from the dining room and terraces.We had a lovely room overlooking an excellent golf course.The food was varied and great quality.The New Years eve 6 course meal was very well balanced so that although you had plenty to eat you were not too full up to dance the night away.The staff were so friendly nearly all of them spoke to you wherever in the hotel you met them.Golf was included in our package but for non golfers there was plenty to do,a gym,pool,tennis and a games room also excellent walks.Although the weather stopped us taking advantage of all the facilities we would definitely go back in the Summer.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for review. I am delighted that you had great stay with us and will visit us in the Summer to make the most of all the facilities, I hope that you tried our bowling, a very unique facility too. Please check our Website to make the most of the great packages that we have available. We have a great one night Romantic Package available for Valentine!!
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

This was my first stay at Hellidon. Having had good customer experiences elsewhere in Q Hotels, I was not disappointed at this location either.
The room was well-appointed and comfortable with a nice golf-course view. The gym was well-equipped and all equipment worked. The pool and steam room were clean and had a relaxing atmosphere.
Although busy with pre-Christmas party nights, the restaurant was able to satisfy my late requirement for an evening meal and the duty staff, although busy, were able to make me feel welcome.
I needed an early start the next day and asked at 11pm if I could have coffee and cereals next day earlier than the 7 am restaurant opening time. This was readily agreed.
When I arrived for breakfast at 6.40am, I was expected and even had bacon and eggs provided too. In most hotels, a request like this is greeted by a "jobsworth" response. Well done Victoria and colleagues. I shall return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for review. I am delighted that you had great stay with us and that the team went the extra mile to make your experience even more enjoyable. I hope that you have joined our loyalty club to make the most of the great benefits that we have available for our regular guests.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Overall a pleasant stay for all of us age ranges 2 to 50's all the staff worked hard, were professional, friendly and very helpful.

Food good all round, New Year buffet dinner excellent, disco house dj entertaining.

Games room good distraction for younger children (thou dart board needs sorting out electronic scoreboard would be useful as the scoreboard could not be chalked on, also needs a better light) room needed heating as it was a lot colder than rest of hotel.

Rooms were clean and warm, bathroom basic but presentable and well stocked, word of warning windows in the rooms we occupied opened fully out and a small child could easily fall out and have no safety locks.

Check in and out easy

Pool clean water warm, changing rooms ok, lockers a lot broken worse than when I stayed earlier in the year.

Staff could of done with being better informed of itinerary and offers as when I asked about golf and spa offers they knew nothing about them also pre book dinner as reception told us just to turn up at dining times when we did this we could not get into restaurant and had to eat in lounge or very late in restaurant.

Overall we all enjoyed our stay and would recommend New Year at the hotel for families

Room Tip: Rooms on back have no sunlight and some overlook the bins, (need covering) rooms on front better as...