“EXCELLENT CUSTOMER CARE”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hellidon
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“EXCELLENT CUSTOMER CARE”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This was my first stay at Hellidon. Having had good customer experiences elsewhere in Q Hotels, I was not disappointed at this location either.
The room was well-appointed and comfortable with a nice golf-course view. The gym was well-equipped and all equipment worked. The pool and steam room were clean and had a relaxing atmosphere.
Although busy with pre-Christmas party nights, the restaurant was able to satisfy my late requirement for an evening meal and the duty staff, although busy, were able to make me feel welcome.
I needed an early start the next day and asked at 11pm if I could have coffee and cereals next day earlier than the 7 am restaurant opening time. This was readily agreed.
When I arrived for breakfast at 6.40am, I was expected and even had bacon and eggs provided too. In most hotels, a request like this is greeted by a "jobsworth" response. Well done Victoria and colleagues. I shall return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Christophe G, General Manager at Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for review. I am delighted that you had great stay with us and that the team went the extra mile to make your experience even more enjoyable. I hope that you have joined our loyalty club to make the most of the great benefits that we have available for our regular guests.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Christophe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Overall a pleasant stay for all of us age ranges 2 to 50's all the staff worked hard, were professional, friendly and very helpful.

Food good all round, New Year buffet dinner excellent, disco house dj entertaining.

Games room good distraction for younger children (thou dart board needs sorting out electronic scoreboard would be useful as the scoreboard could not be chalked on, also needs a better light) room needed heating as it was a lot colder than rest of hotel.

Rooms were clean and warm, bathroom basic but presentable and well stocked, word of warning windows in the rooms we occupied opened fully out and a small child could easily fall out and have no safety locks.

Check in and out easy

Pool clean water warm, changing rooms ok, lockers a lot broken worse than when I stayed earlier in the year.

Staff could of done with being better informed of itinerary and offers as when I asked about golf and spa offers they knew nothing about them also pre book dinner as reception told us just to turn up at dining times when we did this we could not get into restaurant and had to eat in lounge or very late in restaurant.

Overall we all enjoyed our stay and would recommend New Year at the hotel for families

Room Tip: Rooms on back have no sunlight and some overlook the bins, (need covering) rooms on front better as...
Dear Guest,
Thank you for review. I am delighted that you had great time with us and enjoyed our facilities. I have noted your constructive comments and will make sure that we rectify this quickly.
I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.
Singapore
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We wanted to spend New Years Eve with our children and still have fun and Hellidon Lakes Family Gala dinner and disco fitted the bill perfectly. We are a family of 2 children 11 and 8 and grandparents. We had a double room as well as a suite with adjoining twin room for the children. All 3 rooms were well furnished and of a large size. The suite was only a small amount extra in cost but the separate sitting room and extra bathroom was of a very generous size.

The evening was really wonderful. The package started with afternoon tea at 4:30 and continued with pre dinner drinks at 7pm in a separate room that had a pool table, table football, giant connect 4, Jenga and Air Hockey. Ideal to keep the children entertained. The meal was a combination of table service and buffet service with a choice of 4 main meals 2 meats, fish and a vegetarian quiche and some traditional childrens meals. ie pizza and chips. The disco began with some dancing games for the children before continuing the music until 1am. There were poppers, crackers and balloons on the tables. The next morning breakfast continued until 11:30 - perfect as we had all had such a late night - we were still having coffee at 12:00 and there was no pressure for us to leave. Check out was also late 1pm and we then continued to use the facilities of the hotel and did not leave until 4pm. The children made some friends and were happy bowling and playing with all the pre mentioned childrens play equipment.

The staff were plentiful, friendly and very attentive. We didn't use the spa or play golf so can not comment on these services. It was really lovely to see in the New Year with our children and be in a nice venue where both ourselves and our children could relax and have fun. If you want a quieter more regal event then another of the rooms had a live band and less children.

We wouldn't hesitate in returning and recommending this package to our friends and family.

Room Tip: We had the suite 169 which is a very good size for very little extra but our children's adjoinin...
Dear Guest,
Thank you for review. I am delighted that you had great time with us and hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon. Please do not wait until the next New Year’s Eve, we have some great offers available on our Website, up to 40% discount!!
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We have just returned from a fantastic New Years Eve party event held at Hellidon Lakes. It was fantastic! The staff on arrival were pleasant and directed us to our rooms and informed us about afternoon tea. We were greeted with an excellent array of sandwiches and sweet treats! We were then able to relax with a nibble and cup of tea whilst all the children played together in the excellently equipped games room! There was bowling, golf simulation, snooker, Giant Jenga, Giant collect 4..the list is endless! What more could you ask for than a great view and happy kids to get you set for New Years Eve celebrations?!!
The meal was excellent in the evening-kids were well catered for also! Disco was perfect, and the room looked great for Xmas! A big effort was made all round to make us all comfortable. Thankyou Hellidon for a great stay...we will certainly be back next New Years Eve, if not before!

Dear Guest,
Thank you for review. I am very pleased that you had such a great time during our New Year package. Indeed following a great success we have already taking some booking for next year and will contact you to book for 2014. However we have some great packages available on our Website so do not wait until then to visit us again!
I wish you a Happy New Year and I am looking forward to welcoming you back.
Kent
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Decided to go away for Christmas for the first time and chose the Xmas break at Hellidon. Family of nan, mum & dad and adult grandchildren so golf, tenpin bowling and spa all fitted the bill. Rooms were lovely, food excellent, facilities good and the staff were amazing. My mum said she is looking forward to doing it again next year! My husband and I have stayed here before and have always found it to be an excellent place for a break.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your Christmas break with us. As a regular guest I hope that you have joined the Breakaway Club to make the most of the great benefits. We have already taking some booking for next year and will contact you to book for 2014. I wish you a Happy New Year and I am looking forward to welcoming you back.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Just returned from a weekend stay at the hellidon lakes hotel, went for a much needed break as my disabled son had just been through a few operations, and thought this hotel sounded like a nice place to stay. The rooms were clean and roomy. However, there was a birthday party under rooms and the noise became too much. Fortunately, Sonia at front desk and Dan the manager immediately relocated us to the other side of the other side of the hotel, we were relocated to a suite and a twin. We were treated excellently by Dan and all staff, they all made our break extremely special, thank you!

Room Tip: The newly built rooms are better quality rooms, but you do not have the views.
1 Thank sonia m
Dear Guest,
Thank you for review. I am very pleased that you had a great stay with us during a much deserved break. I was pleased to read that the team was able to rectify the noise issue rapidly and made your stay a special one.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back.
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My daughters and I have just returned from a two night stay at Hellidon Lakes. Because I had particularly stayed in Q Hotels before and wanted to be central England, we chose Hellidon. We all found the accommodation excellent the staff very attentive, friendly and helpful. Food was excellent with good choices. Hotel is in a beautiful setting with what looks like a challenging golf course (will try it out next time we go). We all spent a day in the spa which was very relaxing, but as a regular user of massage therapy I personally thought the therapist not very qualified to carry out remedial therapy, may be alright for beauty treatments, but saying this my daughters experience of nail treatments was not very good at all. Rooms excellent comfy, stylish, very clean and well supplied. Will definitely return with may be a golf group.

Room Tip: Try and get a room over looking the golf course or just a bit a greenery. As was given one room that...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Christophe G, General Manager at Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for review. I am very pleased that you had a great stay with us. I have noted your comments and will make sure that the therapist received some further training in fact we have some already planned fro January. Indeed we have a great Golf course too, why don’t you contact me and I be delighted to organise this for you. We have duo packages that include Spa and Golf.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back.
Christophe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hellidon
Chesford Grange - A QHotel
#5 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
De Vere Staverton Estate
Mercure Daventry Court Hotel and Spa

Been to Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!