“Emotional visit...”

Book In Advance
More Info
$65.52*
and up
Half-Day Tour to the Canadian D-Day Beaches Including the Juno Beach Sector...
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Reviers
Kelowna, Canada
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Emotional visit...”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was a very emotional visit. I didn't expect to see so many personal messages left by the families on the markers of these Canadian heroes. Some of those personal messages were just heart wrenching and just brought tears to your eyes. A beautiful setting for such a sacred part of our history....

1 Thank amtiii

Waterloo, Canada
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Emotionally inspiring.”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I travelled here almost two decades ago and it was something I will never forget. My ex and I had visited Juno beach and then travelled to the Canadian War Cemetery to pay respect to the fallen. I started walking through the cemetery, row upon row, and initially it was interesting to read the names and places of origin. As I read each name I realized that most of these men were no more than 21 and many were 18, 19 and 20. It was at this point that a wave of emotion built and rolled over me in realizing how much our nation gave to the war effort; so many young men who never got to return and live out their lives and see their families. You can certainly read this history in a book but this visit was something that will always be with me. Incredible. And something that always reminds me that we need to remember.

3 Thank mickeeD
Washago, Ontario
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“If you are Canadian...”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is yet another moving experience in France. Row upon row of young Canadians who left their homeland to fight against the tyranny of Nazi Germany. God bless these young lads. You will never forget your Normandy experience if you follow the plight of the young Canadian lads who gave it all to free France and for peace.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Ken S
Toronto, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The perfect resting place”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Just a short trip into the Northern France countryside from Juno Beach - the Canadian cemetery is a tranquil, respectful way to honour our brave countrymen who fought in the final battles of WW2.

Each headstone is engraved and given a personal touch with words from loved ones, planted flowers and small Canadian flags.

Make sure you find and sign the 'guest book' located in the memorial archway leading into the cemetery... I've never felt so connected to my country and my heritage.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank chrissisheppard
Vancouver, Canada
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Moving and Beautiful”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

A beautiful peaceful resting place for the Canadian soldiers who lost their lives on the D-day beaches. A wonderful place to reflect on the tragedy of war and leave a message to other travelers so we never forget. Well worth the visit.

1 Thank johnston4