“Fantastic hotel in wonderful location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Palazzo Loup

Palazzo Loup
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Loiano
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel in wonderful location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Apart from the beautiful location of this hotel with its sweeping views of the countryside around Bologna, I cannot prasie enough the staff at this wonderful hotel. From booking trips to providing bus timetables and tours of the area, they made my stay a really special experience. When abandoned by the local bus a few kilometres from the hotel, only a phonecall reception meant someone came to collect me.

The food in the hotel restaurant is superb, dishing up the best the local cuisine has to offer and accompanied by some great local wine. I stayed here four nights and my only regret is not staying longer. I will be back I have no doubt and i cannot recommend this hotel more highly. If stunning countryside, good food and a friendly and super helpful reception is what your after, this is the place for you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Bi67, Proprietario at Palazzo Loup, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear Lauren,

first of all we would like to thank you for the time spent here at Palazzo Loup. We are so happy to have met you and we did our best to grant you a pleasant holiday. We would be glad to meet you again here in order to show your other wonderful places: Remo, your "personal driver", he has already got in mind new tours in order to drive you along the ways of Bolognese hills! We are pleased you have got fixed in mind a wonderful memory as good as we will remember your nice manners and your sunny smile.
Thank you so much for your praising words, they fill us with satisfaction. We are delighted when guests think about our hotel as a friend's house to visit again with pleasure!
Barbara Baldassarri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

Brilliant, peaceful place with very friendly staff and great food AND cycle friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank John P
, Proprietario at Palazzo Loup, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear John,

thank you very much for your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your brief stay and we will look forward to welcome you again for a long stay enjoying swimming pool, food&wine and lots of bike tracks in the surrounding area.

Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

I stayed one night in the Palazzo Loup on my way from Venice to Florence. As others write, it is in a beautiful location, very high on a hill outside the small town of Loiano, with lovely views over the valley below from the back rooms of the hotel. I arrived quite late, having lost my way in the dark; on my arrival, the two clerks on duty (one speaking to me in French, the other in English) were very friendly and helpful, expressing concern that I had not phoned them to ask for help. The hotel, however, is probably in need of some refurbishment: the room I was given was very small and, for some reason, a little creepy; interestingly, the bathroom was far more glamorous, but the bedroom with its bricked up fireplace made me think a bit of gothic novels. Because the hotel (when approached from the Bologna direction) appears to be in the middle of nowhere, I ate in the hotel restaurant. The meal was sensational and the waiter (English- speaking) could not have been more helpful; the restaurant had been overrun by four children who terrorised everyone at their tables whilst their parents talked on, oblivious - however, I was set up at my own table in a different room, so as I (unlike everyone else that night, including the staff) was not driven mad by screaming, maraudering brats. The waiter was hugely apologetic. After a quiet, peaceful night's sleep, breakfast (with a wide selection of pastries, cereal, cheeses and cold meats and so on) was served in a pretty sunny room with high windows. This was a pleasant stay; however, if you are a single person, I would not want to stay here unless you had a nicer, larger room. Nevertheless, everything was clean, the food was lovely, and the staff were very courteous and friendly. The drive from Loiano to Florence - through the hills - is utterly beautiful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank elleMelbourne
Bi67, Proprietario at Palazzo Loup, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Dear Madame,

I would like to thank you for your choice and the time spent here.

Our manor dating back 18th century it has been reconverted in hotel in different ages. Each rooms has special and unique forniture which testify each period and its style and I regret you haven't appreciated our bedroom with an antique fireplace of the 18th century. I would be very pleased to have you here another time in the future so I will show you other larger rooms with different styles and let you decide what do you like.

Thank you very much for your appreciation to our staff and our food. We will take into great consideration your opinion in order to do our best to create unique experiences for the guests.

We look forward to meet you again on our beautiful countryside.

Sovico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2012

Le mura trasudano la storia del Risorgimento d'Italia.
La cucina e' semplice...mente divina!
Le colline Bolognesi incorniciano un soggiorno di fascino.

The walls of the ancient Palace preserve the history of the italian Risorgimento.
Have your dinner at the restaurant and taste the best of the traditional italian cusine.
Bologna hills frame a location with a unique fashion.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

I spent about ten days at Palazzo Loup and the surrounding area as part of a wedding this summer.

The hotel provided a spectacular setting for the wedding and the days surrounding it. The location, a little out of Bologna, but easily serviced by public buses (unbelievably on the winding mountain roads) and an extremely scenic short trip from either Bologna, or Florence.

The hotel itself is set in ideal Italian country side straight from the glossiest of tourist brochures. The grounds off set their surroundings, well maintained, tasteful and very colorful for the summer days I was there.

I can think of few better ways to have spent a holiday than lounging around and in the pool, over looking the scenery. Before (and after) enjoying some of what I can whole heartedly say were the best meals I’ve ever had, in the hotel restaurant.

The staff and service were, among many other nice things I could say about them, accommodating, competent, extremely friendly and helpful.

For anybody hoping to experience, a genuine, relaxed italian holiday I would struggle to find anywhere better to fall in love with a country renowned for it’s romantic notions.

I must also mention my gratitude to the staff for resolving a last minute problem I had with my room safe, with a resourcefulness I’ve experienced in few places.

Grazia.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2011

It's an amazing place! We stayed there for 5 days and no doubts it was the right choice for the vacation. The hotel is located in a stunning nature with picturesque views, which even rainy day is not able to spoil. The stuff of the place is very pleasant and attentive. As for the food - the restaurant serves really great local cuisine in a company with immaculate service. We’ll certainly come back next time!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank travellers2011020
colwyn bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

A little piece of paradise. This was our second trip to this hotel in the rolling countryside of emilio romagna. one feels like special friends of the ownwers and staff . THe hotel is an old manor house set in exquisite gardens with beautifully appointed rooms. The food is wonderful and it is hard to express the delight of magnificant food eaten watching the sun set over the mountaintains.The hotel is frequently used by locals for meals ,weddings etc which is a compliment in itself

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank jbellamy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Loiano
Hotel Helvetia Thermal Spa
#1 of 1 in Villa di Sassonero
Locanda Dei Cinque Cerri
Locanda Dei Cinque Cerri
#1 of 3 in Sasso Marconi
Grand Hotel Majestic "Gia Baglioni"

Been to Palazzo Loup? Share your experiences!