“Good food, amazing location ”
Review of The Cove

The Cove
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
charlotte, nc
“Good food, amazing location ”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the resort at ate at the restaurant a lot. It is pricy but I feel that should be expected considering the location. I don't mind paying higher prices for quality food as long as portions are enough to satisfy you. The only thing we got that was really small portion size for the price was crab cake appetizer. For casual good food that is nearby & inexpensive, make sure you check out the laughing lizard. You can rent bikes at the cove to ride up there, about a mile down the road.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Thoroughly enjoyable evening”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I had seen photos of the Cove on-line and I was completely captivated by the huge expanses of lawn; hammocks strung between giant trees and sprinkled across the grounds inviting anyone who passes by to fall in and take a nap. My sister and I had passed the facility numerous times during our drives up and down Queen's Highway, but the high white walls that surround it and the towering wooden doors that bar entry meant we were unable to see anything inside. We thought we would kill two birds with one stone -- see the grounds and have dinner! A+ on both counts. The grounds are lovely -- serene and peaceful. There are no "hotel" looking buildings; but rather free-standing cottages, villas, studios and suites. The restaurant is quite nice if you like an Asian-inspired minimalism -- everything white no colors. But your eye is immediately drawn to the floor to ceiling windows and the view of the infinity pool, the two half-moon beaches; the ocean and the hills and greenery of Eleuthera. The food was delicious - the caprese salad made with the freshest mozzarella and an aged balsamic vinegar; the lamb chops were juicy and well-seasoned. I did think they were very brave in offering New Orleans beignets for dessert, but they were light and delicious and would make Cafe Du Monde proud!! To top off a wonderful evening, Cason (sp) the facility's manager, took my sister and I on a moonlight tour of the grounds in one of the golf carts before taking us to our car. The perfect end to a perfect evening. The one caveat I have to this otherwise glowing review is the fact that the owner's dogs are allowed in the dining room. They didn't stay long or misbehave, but they're dogs and should not be allowed inside.

• Visited June 2014
Chapel Hill
“Birthday dinner”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

The food was good, but the dining room and the view are spectacular. It's a page out of Architectural Digest. We had drinks on the fabulous pool deck and then sushi inside. The sushi was good. My daughter really liked the crab coconut roll. I had spicy tuna, and it was fine. Really, this spot is about location.

Miami
“Beautiful location”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We had dinner here which was outstanding. We arrived early so took a walk around the grounds which are spectacular. Had to take a few zazzzzz'a in one of the many hammocks scattered around. Very peaceful and tranquil - definitely a place to escape for a long weekend. Villas are beautifully situated and could easily see myself relaxing reading a book and drinking a glass of wine on the patio overlooking the bay. Dinner was excellent - we at rated with sashimi, Olivia had the grouper and I had the mahi maui, both were very tastily. Service was good although knowledge of the menu was a little bit lacking, however the willingness to help overcame this shortcoming.
Definitely worth a trip for a dinner (book prior to arrival) if you are not staying at the Cove.

Visited June 2014
Rome, Italy
“in the middle”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

from 4 restaurants was open only one whit japonice cousine. the food was good , but if I should not like Jap- cousin ? thei would give a luxory see,but they do not know the real luxory, based on scharm, service, silence, ( the dogs cannot stay at dinner room during the dinner !!)

Visited April 2014